or Connect

Posts by JamesMama

My aunt jumped me one time...something about "Well, it's a good thing you're homeschooling because if I had kids in school with yours I'd be ticked!" I asked her "If your children are fully vaccinated what do you have to fear?" Since then I just don't mention it. My children's vaccine/non-vaccine status is no ones business but my own. I have friends that vax and they don't believe I'm 'mooching' off their kids vax status...just that I made a different choice than them....
We're having major issues with them also...even with baking soda and vinegar. Considering buying some bleach. LOL
Quote: Originally Posted by heidirk Whatever... My DS1 was wearing 12 months at 8 months. How does she explain what they're already wearing? It shrank? I don't know...I guess no one told James he couldn't POSSIBLY be 21lbs at 9 months old because it is NOT allowed that he be large enough to wear 12 month clothes, he HAS to wear 9-12 months? What gets me is okay, if YOU are going to tell me what MY child is wearing then why even bother...
When my DS was about 1 my GMIL argued with me for about 10 minutes because she was looking at clothes for him for his 1st birthday, she asked what size he wore I said 18 or 24 months (he was a chunker). She told me that's not possible, he's a year old he HAS to wear 12 months, 18 months just WILL NOT fit until 18 months no matter what size the kid is. So for his bday she bought him a ton of 12 months clothes...and nothing fit...
I'm with you mama...I'm due Jan 1st with a history of being around a week (minus a few days usually) early...so there is a VERY good chance I could deliver on Christmas...that's even worse IMO because Thanksgiving has a 1 out of 7 chance of falling on the same date while Christmas is ALWAYS December 25th *sigh* My dad's birthday is December 25th and he's never said anything negative about it. My DD was born the day before Halloween and thus far (she's 2) it hasn't been an...
Nope. Even if someone lets me know a month in advance they have another engagement I refuse to change. I work my kids parties around OUR schedule (including their nap schedule). If Cousin#3 has some school/sports function then I guess Cousin#3 won't be there...no skin off my back. I've learned I can't please everyone. If it's a good time for one person because of XYZ it's a bad time for another person because of XYZ...like my DH's grandparents always wanted the parties...
Exemptions vary so much, sometimes just by judge/lawyer whim. My GFIL was called up as far as pickings, they asked if he was related to anyone in law enforcement, he said he was, his son is a police officer. They told him to leave. My friend's mom was called up as far as pickings, for a trial having to do with child abuse. She was asked if she knew an abused child, she did, her DD was molested by a family member. They told her to leave. Iowa I believe it's nursing...
Thanks mamas! Guess we'll just avoid it for a while. It freaked me out. She didn't have any problems breathing or anything thankfully. DH is deathly allergic to poultry and I have a sensitivity to fish so it's not outside the realm of possibilities I suppose.
LOL hour was an exaggeration I guess, it's probably 15 minutes I'd guess. It just seems like FOREVER because I've timed myself I can be in and out in 7 minutes... Checked our bill, it's $28 for water, $29 for sewer, garbage is $19 Electric was high, but it's always high...we're working on cutting that down... We have little graphs that show Electirc and Water usage and the bar on the graph is at the very top. Electric is dropping (not surprising since we're not running...
I recently gave my DD some yogurt with some cinnamon sprinkled on top, it was the first time with plain yogurt and cinnamon. Well she fell into it (she's graceful) and landed face first. She eats a few bites and then I notice around her mouth is bright red and raised, almost like a welt. She's gotten flavored yogurt on her face a thousand times with no effects...so I don't know if it was the cinnamon? A friend told me she'd heard of 'cinnamon burns' where...