or Connect

Posts by JamesMama

cafeworld here, I used to be into FarmTown but I reached Level 34 so I quit : If DD is napping on me I play Mindjolt games out of boredom...
twice. We're a family of 4, 3 of us eat 3 meals a day at home, 1 of us only 2. Once after lunch and DH does the supper dishes the following AM. We have been gifted various sets of dishes so we have 9 or 10 plates (several have been broken), I buy cheapie plastic bowls at WM when they're on sale so we probably have 2 dozen bowls and we've collected a ton of silverwear over the years. Cups always seem to be in short supply for some reason.
We only have 1 bathroom and the house is old so the water pressure sucks anyway. I'll lecture him a bit more on the long showers...if I can wash my hair (and it's almost to my butt) and be out in under 10 minutes then he can be done in under 10 as well...he says he needs to 'relax' or something like that...or else one of the kids is in with him and makes it take forever (not sure why...it never takes me any longer...) I've tried rotating towels, he ends up using it as a...
DH changes out of his work clothes when he gets home because of germs so it piles up. (DH just had a kidney transplant so we can't have germs) we also don't have a laundry room or anywhere to keep dirty laundry (our washer is in our kitchen) so I have to keep up on it daily or it takes over my kitchen. I've looked into baskets and what not, but there isn't anywhere to keep them. No space in our bedroom (we barely have walking space to the bed as it is even with nothing...
The only time I let the water run while brushing teeth is to let it heat up so I can wash my face (tried washing with cold water but I just can't do it...) Washing dishes, I dip rinse...I plug both sides and let the rinse side fill while I'm waiting for the water to heat up and then fill the wash side and then top off the rinse side if need be. DH takes 5 hour long showers, I've tried getting him to cut it out but he just pitches a fit. I shower as quick as I can (mine...
Ummm... DD has had a cold/stuffy nose thing going on for a couple days. So she hasn't been sleeping. In fact night before last (Tuesday night) she was up SCREAMING NON-STOP for 3 hours. For no reason whatsoever except that she can. I rocked, I patted, I snuggled and for my troubles I got punched in the nose and kicked in the 31.5-week pregnant belly. She screamed from 3am until 6am...NON-STOP. Finally at 6am she quit and went back to sleep...so I finally was able to...
Yup, vinegar and baking soda down the drain works well also
We have a general city bill, water, electric, garbage on one bill. Our water/sewer is the highest portion of this. I'm really at a loss on how to make it go down!! DH showers daily, I shower every other day, the kids bathe every other day (generally, sometimes less sometimes more depending on how dirty they get) (DD occasionally gets in the shower with DH or I but she just hangs out at our feet). We have a HE washer and I do probably 1-2 loads of laundry daily (4...
Can I duct tape ALL my DD's clothes on? She's a nudist and refuses to wear clothes, she's currently naked...I've dressed her 4 times since she woke up at 10...it's 1:30. I give up..
Quesidillas? The 2 y/o can lay out the torts and maybe sprinkle some cheese, the 10y/o can use a dull-ish knife to dice cooked chicken and add that. Spaghetti and garlic bread? The 2 y/o can put the bread on a cookie sheet the 10 y/o can form meatballs. Omlets the 2 y/o can add the cheese and meat, the 10 y/o can cut it all up.