or Connect

Posts by JamesMama

Ugh...I hate the scare tactics... I can't stand it that the state/government feels a right to bad mouth me and tell me how horribly dangerous MY parenting choices are (not vaxing, cosleeping) but they have to sugar coat pro-breastfeeding messages so they don't make mom's 'feel guilty' Duh...
She's not big into solids yet...dunno if I could get it down her, I'll pick some up and give it a go. It's a pretty wicked rash I'll try the Monistat AF...dunno what I have exactly.
What are our chances of contracting yeast? I've been putting monistat cream on her...considering going to the dr if it doesn't clear up. She keep sticking her hands down there when I change her diaper. I wash her hands afterward as best I can... She's nursing, I'd REALLY prefer not get thrush...
Here is *MY* story... My *bad* IL's are not DH's bio-mother & stepdad...it is his grandparents (who raised him). With them, their daughters always allowed them to have major influence in their lives (as daughters typically do) and their relationships and parenting and their sons married/had children later in life so they had extended time where they had influence over THEIR lives. DH lived with them until we married so they had influence over HIS life. Top it all off...
DH had a pump for a while...his job is SOOOO active that even with the pump set on the lowest possible basal rate and NEVER bolusing at work he was constantly having major lows. We heard there is a pump that lowered the basal rate but our ins requires a $1000 co-insurance on the pump and will only pay for the supplies 80/20 so it's not an option for us
We've asked his endo...since his insulins have to be refrigerated they don't typically keep them in stock...we've gotten discount cards occasionally though. I looked into various types of script assistance but since we HAVE insurance none of them will help us. We did, however, get his endo to write him a script that makes sure he has enough insulin for 3 months...our copay is the same no matter if we get 1 vial or 10 vials (go figure that one)...
I can't find any of those in town...money is pretty tight right now so even if I could find it not sure i could afford it We have some disposables that I bought a while ago in preperation for going away for the weekend...
CPS has WAY too much power IMO...it seems like they go all gung ho over the silliest stuff but let cases of TRUE abuse slip through the cracks (Shelby Duis comes to mind...) Well since his accidents tend to come every 6 months at least we're clear for a while.
I suspect my DD has a yeast infection rash (can post pics of the rash for for sure diagnosis if anyone knows...) We use BG one size only...how do I kill yeast in those? Can I bleach them? Will it bleach the color? I know not to boil the PUL. HELP!! I don't want to put her in disposables!!
Quote: Originally Posted by leanbh that is a BEAUTIFUL name! how did you think of it? It's a different spelling of a name in a sci-fi book I read when I was a teenager, The Andalite Chronicles by K.A Applegate. The main character was an Andelite named Aldrea. I didn't like the E (too close to Andrea) so I changed it to Aldria. And according to the audiobook my brother downloaded it's pronounced All-Dray-uh in the book...IIRC Thanks for the...