or Connect

Posts by ShannonCC

Well, my memory is crap, but I think I came here because Momsonline shut down? I was getting Mothering the magazine and I guess some of the AP moms on Momsonline mentioned this board. No, wait, when MOL shut down first we went somewhere else. Then that blew up for various reasons. I think *then* I came here. Bridget was 3 or 4 I guess (just checked my join date - she was 3.5 ). I have no memory of when I started posting in homeschooling though. I was already planning on...
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/1..._n_149182.html Jessica Alba is fat enough to be photoshopped. THIS $%^& is what we mean when some of us speak of "real women". Because even slim, sexy women are apparently too fat to have their real bodies shown. Even Jessica Alba needs to be remade into something fake to be acceptable. WTF?
Quote: Originally Posted by Bunnyflakes I had a neighbor once who got our phone bill, opened it and became distraught at the calls he knew he hadn't made. He called the company flipping out before he realized that the bill was actually ours Yeah, uh . . . :. Once we got our neighbor's credit card bill in the mail. It was a company we had a card with too and I didn't think twice. I opened it up and about freaked when I saw the balance because...
That is hilarious! No, I don't remember that. What time frame are you talking? When I was a kid they had pet rocks. I don't know if my parents wouldn't get one or what (yeah, it was stupid) but I took a brick with holes in it and tied a rope onto it and dragged it around the block instead.
Quote: Originally Posted by SagMom (Although, whenever I see "gmail" I think "G-man" and then "Government Mail" and it creeps me out.) Snort! When it first came out I was wondering why so many people wanted government emails, LOL! Bridget (10) has her own email but I don't remember when she got it. It's been a few years though. She will email a few days in a row and then not check it again for weeks or months. Owen (6) has not expressed...
I would go ahead and do it. It doesn't sound unreasonable to me (what you wrote here). I would use the borrowed dresses and would have the girls go barefoot. They can either tuck their legs under them or just be adorably barefoot But I'd also just let the dh wear the sweater he has. That seems dressy enough for me. My son has some long sleeved t-shirts that I think are fine for a nice picture. As long as they don't have words on them or anything, I'd go with that. If...
Thanks! I tried 35 minutes and worked up and you know what, it still took the entire 55. I think maybe because even though this is a smaller pan, it's still just as tall? Well anyway, it looks like it worked out. I'll know for sure tomorrow :
Help? I have a recipe for cheesecake that I decided to halve. My dh did the work in figuring out what size springform pan to put it in and most of the ingredients are halved pretty easily. And now I'm making it in an hour and I suddenly realized I have no idea what to cut the cooking time to! The old recipe is a large springform pan that holds 14 cups and cooks at 325 for 55 minutes. The half recipe is going in the small springform pan that holds 7 cups. So...
I think they greatly oversimplify the "why" but still, it's a nice article to send my mom.
Thanks! :