or Connect

Posts by ShannonCC

I haven't gotten the rally info on any of my homeschool lists. Is it a vaccine rally, not specifically a homeschool one?
I can't get through to the main guy, Cryan. First a busy signal and when someone finally picks up they hang up on me (I don't think it was on purpose or anything but it's still frustrating!).
Thanks! I can't blame it on the one man for two reasons. First, I don't want Bridget thinking he's bad (from what I've heard he's perfectly pleasant - I just don't know him). But more importantly, I never know who is living at that house. So he might be gone next month and replaced by someone else who may or may not be a good person. And the next month it could be someone else. My daughter, the future lawyer would definitely call me on it if I said Guy X and then Guy X...
Thank 4evermom! Cool!
Before anyone flames me, my dd going to this house alone is NOT going to happen. I would just like to find a polite, respectful way to address this if I can. If I can't then I'll let the chips fall where they may. My dd is turning 10 next week. She has a very good friend, a sweet girl who I like. I've known the family for 25+ years (since I was a young teen) and unfortunately, they have a lot of problems. A long history of things such as neglect, abuse (verbal mostly),...
Our Roots & Shoots group just took part in World Water Monitoring Day (well, um, it's a month . . . . ) and we had a BLAST. We got enough supplies that we're going to go test another body of water in two weeks and still get in under the month deadline for sending in our data. After that, we'll just test things for ourselves. For the first time we're trying out the idea of a "theme" and the next few meetings are going to be related to water, the lack of clean...
I'm hopeful we'll kill this one like we did the other one a few years ago. But I'm also curious as to what brought it up. The last one was a knee jerk reaction to that horrible abuse case down south (the one where the boys went to church every sunday, were regularly visited by DYFYS and were in school for a time and no one ever noticed they were starved/neglected/abused - and somehow that was because they were homeschooled ). I haven't heard any problems lately. This was...
Yeah, we're all chatting about this, but I remember how we blew a similar bill out of the water years ago so I am hopeful (was it really '04? Seriously that long ago?) . There was a (one day? one week?) phone campaign calling our reps. There was also a rally in Trenton. The woman who sponsored the bill ended up whining about how we didn't fight fair because we got off our butts and (gasp!) fought for our rights (I think she actually referred to us as using guerilla...
Thanks for all the ideas everyone! We had a little family crisis today and I spent the day at the hospital with Grandma (she's fine ) so I didn't get the books after all. Tomorrow morning. And laohaire, thanks for typing all that out Right now he's applying for teaching jobs so yeah, he should find a way to get all his teaching certs up at top. And I like cover letters too. Never thought of a singing one though. Now you have me thinking (joking! Still, it sounds. . ....
Sometimes the no-name brand is cheaper. But if you have a coupon and you use it when the item is on sale, sometimes the name brand is a better deal. Like the 4 bottles of Pert shampoo I got for free by using coupons plus a sale. Can't beat free (well, they could pay me to take it which sometimes works at CVS . But it isn't always one way or the other. You do have to look. I second Hotcouponworld.com I also like couponmom.com which is not supposed to be as good as...