or Connect

Posts by BundleFishMama

Hey mamas,   I am in desperate need of a new sitter for my children - need to find someone very soon - I was a SAHM until very recently when my ex and I divorced, and now I am working FT. If you or anyone you know watches kids and comes from an AP-ish perspective, PLEASE let me know! The challenge is, I'm a retail manager so my schedule varies from day to day (though I know it pretty far in advance for planning purposes) and occasionally includes some later evenings...
Thanks SO MUCH mamas. I am so glad I finally did reach out for support. I should have known that since MDC mamas have been there for me through every other stage, they would be now  I will check out the SA forum. Been meaning to but I know you have to apply to that one and I just never got around to it!
I wish, more than anything in the world, that continuing to stay at home, or working PT, were an option for me. It's breaking my heart to put my youngest in daycare and to stop homeschooling and put my older three in school. TBH, it's one of the biggest reasons if not THE biggest reason I put up with abuse for a long time and didn't divorce my STBX a lot sooner. But there is NO other viable option for me. I live in a VERY expensive area and I will barely be making ends...
I've thought about posting here for a while, telling my story and getting some support & advice from those who have BTDT, but I just couldn't bring myself to do it. I still seem to have trouble thinking of myself as a single parent, calling myself a "single mother" even though I technically am now - kind of like I have trouble saying that my kids and I were "victims of abuse" even though I suppose we were, in a way   My STBX and I would have been married for a decade...
I'll be lurking here, mama....no real advice yet as I just became a single mama of 4 in the last couple of months as my STBX and I separated and filed for divorce (something I never never never never thought would be even a remote possibility). I'm sorry for your situation though. I suppose the only thing I can think of is, could you seek out other single mamas in your area to trade off with for occasional babysitting so you can take turns having a little time to...
Oh, I would LOVE to win these!!! I have no idea how much we've spent on plastic baggies over the last year, but I'd guess....at least a box per month at around $4 each, so, close to $50? (and that's just the smaller-sized lunch ones; if you count the larger food-storage ones, it would be way more!) And that's even with homeschooling up until now, so we only packed lunch/snacks for going out and often ate meals at home - now that 3 of my 4 kids will be going to school in...
I am not sure if they still have a newborn nursery or not, but I've delivered two of my kids at Pennsylvania Hospital in Philly and had a great experience with this - it was assumed that we would be rooming-in; we were never separated, everything was done in my room in terms of vitals on the baby, etc. Even after the one of my births that was a (medically-necessary but VERY unwanted) c-section, we roomed-in the whole time, right from the beginning; during the first 12...
Oh, one more question - I know I should try to minimize this in the first place, but, if/when you do get "stuck" without packed food from home and you need to buy something fast-foodish (I know, ugh!) what are the best bets? Like, getting a cheeseburger and just not eating the bun, or some sort of chicken...? Or is that a dumb question, is it all so bad that you should just fall off the wagon for that meal and not even bother to try?
Quote: Originally Posted by krankedyann Grains are a big challenge. I recommend you slowly cut back on the grains as you increase the fat. Those who tend to gain weight on a TF diet are, IME, those who up the fat and don't cut the carbs. Since it's a slow transition, it won't be as difficult and your kids won't notice it as much. Then convert the grains that you are keeping to TF forms- sprouted, soaked or otherwise fermented whole...
Thanks so much for all the advice and ideas, mamas!! You all are amazing, I'm so excited to get more "into" this and see some changes in our health (and perhaps my weight, ugh....)