or Connect

Posts by TraceyMc

My dd is almost 7 now. She gave up her meme on her 5th birthday. She had only used it at night since she was 3. We told her the Meme fairy was coming on the night of her birthday and she went around with a basket collecting them (she had about 5). She wanted to decorate the basket and she put all the memes in it. The meme fairy left her a note about how brave she was and generous to give all her memes to the new babies coming into the world. She also left a stuffed unicorn...
I agree with you Rhonwyn-about the tv. My dd just spent the night at her cousin's house this past weekend (their tv never goes off!) She talked about the tv program she watched for 2 days afterward-endlessly recapping the whole show! She is 6 and in first grade at a Waldorf school. We don't watch at home at all, except for special occasions. Maybe 4 times a year and The Great Pumpkin will definately be one of them! At our school-there is no tuition break at all for...
Hello- My daughter didn't start until she was 4, because of similar reasons. Before that we went to parent-child classes together. She got to meet other children and do all the activities, but I was right there. Younger siblings were also allowed. I don't know if this in an option for you, but I thought I would mention it. Good luck!
My favorite things: No one turns the tv on when I don't want dd watching-my ex and I had many discussions about how bad it was, but whenever I would go out-he would put in on for her! We can eat whatever we want for dinner and no one complains that it isn't enough! We can stay out whenever we want and go where we want to. Ex was verbally abusive and controlling The evenings are mine now after she goes to bed. He never gave her a bath, did her laundry, went...
It is the end of July for The Waldorf School of Baltimore, but they look closely at June and July birthdays. I can't imagine cutting it off in April! My dd's birthday is in May and she was so clearly ready for first grade. She would be so bored staying in kindergarten again.
My dd has a water cooler in her first grade classroom and they brought in mugs the first day to leave there. They can get a drink whenever they are thirsty thank goodness. It is a private school though.
Hello, Is anyone familiar with Pennsylvania laws? I live in Maryland, but my daughter will be attending a school in PA this fall. I just received the papers in the mail and the exemption form has a space to state your religious or ethical reasons for exemption! In MD you just had to claim exempt and that was it, no reasons! I am going to ask our naturopath this week, but I was hoping someone here had dealt with this already. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
My daughter just finished kindergarten in a Waldorf school this year. We don't watch tv or videos at home, but she sees them at her cousin's and grandmother's houses. Even though I ask them not to turn them on for her, they couldn't go an hour without the idiot box on. The kids don't know how to play. They even had the nerve to put it on at Christmas!!!! I had to insist they turn it off and they did, at least for a few hours! It was obvious that many children in my...
There is a Sudbury School called the Fairhaven School in Upper Marlboro. I am not exactly sure how close that is... Hope it is of some help.
That is so terrible. I love that area and have considered moving there myself for my daughter to attend that school-scary! I have talked to you about it before Hydrangea-remember me? In MD and PA you have to have a bachelor's degree and the Waldorf teacher training in order to teach. I am starting the waldorf teacher training next summer. I can't believe they are just sweeping it under the rug like that, especially when the children stay with the same teacher through...