or Connect

Posts by Mamapits

A fundraising event for Long Island BirthNetwork In arms babies are welcome! November 10th at the Y Boulton Center For Performing Arts, Bayshore N.Y. 7pm Buy your tickets online now! http://www.longislandbirthnetwork.com/events.html Tickets are $25 Lots of free goodies to go home with and there will be a Chinese Action with items donated from Floradix Earth Mama, Angel Baby Mother Love Herbals Motherwear Sunshine Organic Herbals Moby Wrap Anna James...
This is a fundraiser for Long Island BirthNetwork   in arms babies are welcome!   November 10th at the Y Boulton Center For Performing Arts in Bay Shore N.Y. at 7pm   Buy your tickets online now!   http://www.longislandbirthnetwork.com/events.html   Tickets are $25 each   Lots of free goodies to go home with and there will be a Chinese Auction with items donated from   Floradix Earth Mama Angel Baby Mother Love...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7E-wULAaD50&feature=player_embedded   Show the parents this
Uhhh yeah that. Thank you. I was at the nurse in at the view several years ago. As I am reading the responses I am thinking to myself uh am I in the right forum? is this mothering???? And yes that was a totaly irresponsible answer to give out on national TV. Barbara needs to get over it already and so does Elizabeth and Dr Oz needs to be more thoughtful in the information he spews out.   Women need support!!!! why should breastfeeding be more stressful than bottle...
Someone passed this along today.   Disney is taking cradle-to-grave marketing to a new low, branding babies literally at birth. To promote its new Disney Baby line, the company now sends marketing representatives to intrude on mothers and their newborn infants in maternity hospitals around the country.  They talk up Disney Baby, give newborns a onesie adorned with Disney characters, and urge moms to sign up for email alerts.   I don't know if I am aloud to...
Hi wise Mama's Went crabbing yesterday. Ate the yummy crabs last night but I want to make stock with the shells. Question: how long should I boil the shells? Like bones? or less? Thanks
Wild by nature does not sell raw milk. It is illegal for stores to sell it here in NY. they do sell unhomogonized and single pasteurized milk but it is still pasteurized there are a few farms in PA that deliver here. I go the east northport pick up. They also have a greenvale pick up and rockville center. You need to join CARE it is $20 a year. PM me if you want the info
she did suggest that mom could use creams and such. BUt again I have to come back to that I wish she would have encouraged her to get things checked out. What if I as a future child birth educator, I prepare the women I will be working with that there is a possibility of pain. If I just make it seem normal, then there could be a problem and then mom won't go for help because she was told that breastfeeding hurts and it is normal. I guess it is all in the...
Learning all of the time! Good information I still stick with that the show should have mentioned getting support to rule out any thing that might have been causing her pain but have changed my stance on breastfeeding doesn't hurt. It didn't hurt me but obviously from your responses it can and does for some.
Quote: Originally Posted by Quaniliaz While some pain while adjusting can be normal - women don't form callouses on their nipples, do they? (ew.) With my second, nursing was painful, in spite of a beautiful-looking latch. Happily, I knew it didn't have to be that way - went to a cranio-sacral therapist, and everything felt all better! "Pain is normal while breastfeeding" is not the complete picture. so the baby got cranial sacral therapy???