or Connect

Posts by stay at home mom

Okay I guess I overreacted. Not as informed about strep as I should be. On one hand I hate sending him to school with sick kids, but on the other he loves it so much he would be unhappy if he didn't get to go. I am trying to be more tolerant of others who are sick more often than my family.
My thoughts exactly. I thought she could at least call us and inform us of this BEFORE we brought our child to school.
My son who is 4 goes to pre-school two mornings a week. They are strict about not sending your child to school if he/she is ill. Well this morning there was a note in his file folder saying that their is one confirmed case of pink eye, and one confirmed case of strep throat. The teacher says she felt ill so she went to doctor and has strep throat as well. Says doctor gave her penicillan. My concern was she was there teaching while sick! Our children are not allowed if they...
Okay I have a question.....I keep getting horrible PMS symptoms but I never start. I am still breastfeeding (only a few times a day). I do have PCOS which in my case keeps me from having a period or ovulating. Since the birth of the twins my cycle has returned and was somewhat normal up until Christmas. Since then I keep feeling very crampy and all those other wonderful PMS symptoms. I am not pg. What could be going on? Is there a way to encourage my body to menstrate on...
The one thing that I would change if I could would be no teeth. Alex has a really bad habit of almost chewing on me while nursing. I don't know how to communicate to him that this hurts. I don't mind the night nursing because I am half asleep and I don't feel as stressed. I am more worried that at this point they are not getting the benefits that they need. I know I have read and have been told that even nursing once a day has great benefits, but what if there is no milk?...
The twins are 16 1/2 months old and Alex is down to nursing only when he wakes up and Emily nurses when she wakes and about twice at night. Nursing them has been so enjoyable until they were a little over the age of one. It feels uncomfortable and I find myself wanting the nursing to end. I don't feel confident that one nursing a day is providing them with anything nutritious. I don't know what to do at this point and want to stop. Anyone else have similar feelings and how...
This makes me really sad to even aknowledge this. I have been very short tempered with my children for some time now. I have three andrew is 4 and the twins are 16 1/2 months. I lose my temper over EVERYTHING. I raise my voice and get really mad at them. They are such wonderful children and don't deserve someone as mean as myself. How can I make a step in the right direction? No matter how hard I try to not lose my temper I do. I don't want them to grow up in this type of...