or Connect

Posts by veggiewolf

I have episodes, but always when waking from a nap rather than after a full night's sleep. It can be scary, but I've always assumed it meant my body needed more sleep, and managed to relax enough to drift off. Then, when I wake again, I find I can get out of bed. Do you have any links to information? I just started working in sleep medicine, and while I'm relatively informed about things like narcolepsy, sleep apnea, and circadian misalignment, I know next to nothing...
Well, it's casual day so... Dark stretch low-rise boot-cut jeans, and a bright pink marled V-neck sweater, with matching pink underthings, white socks, and brown Lands End mocs. I love casual day! Yesterday I was in corporate regalia, so black pants and tank, with a grey and black mandarin-collar jacket (very unstructured), black underthings, black trouser socks with a pattern of hash-marks, and black microfiber pumps.
I am so sorry for your loss! I've lost two cats (well, mine when I still lived with my parents) in the past three years, and it's never easy. Know that she loved you, and her time with you was spent happily.
Quote: Originally posted by DandelionCrown I really believe that it's harder to be a SAHM than a WOHM (work outta the home mom), judging by conversations with my friends who have jobs. I disagree, although I understand the sentiment. My DH is the SAHP, because I have more earning potential than he does, and when we married (three years ago this December!) we agreed that he would stay home and I would work outside the home. I believe it is...
I have read this thread with interest, and am so happy it hasn't turned into a flame fest! This discussion reminded me of something I read recently, in Geisha, A Life by Mineko Iwasaki. Iwasaki, at age 12, was the victim of attempted rape by her older sister's son and, as a result, ended up moving in with a woman outside of her okiya. Here is what she says about that: Quote: The move changed where I slept, but not what I did...By this time I was so...
What a beautiful baby, and she looks so content and happy! Thank you for sharing!
Hi, and welcome! Quote: Originally posted by carrietorgc Here is my concern - will dd start to learn that hunger =mommy and act hungry so I will come down? The 4 days at home she keeps to her normal nursing routine but the 3 days I am at work it is a tad erratic. just wondering if she will start getting a tad manipulative this way. In a word, no. Your DD will learn that when she is hungry, Mommy comes. Babies don't manipulate - they...
These are the multitude of reasons I've never had portraits done of my DS (with the exception of school pictures, of course). I remember taking my son to have his passport photo done at one of those places, and he watched in horror as small children were forced into giant Santa pants and photographed, screaming all the while. He got very quiet, and as we were leaving he said, "Mommy, thank you for never doing that." My parents never had portraits done of my brothers...
I co-slept with my DS every night until he was two, and then most nights until he was four. We had no issues...unless you count waking with a big toe up your nose an issue!
I typically try to eat something that contains protein, as otherwise I end up starving! Sometimes that's an Amy's breakfast burrito - black beans, tomatoes, potatoes, and tofu - or sometimes it's 8 slices of veggie bacon and a yogurt (this morning). I try not to stick to traditional breakfast foods - anything that contains protein will do!