or Connect

Posts by mimi21

I just have to share this.   I connect with Mother Father God through a mystical Christian path.  I love it for the commitment to love and service on a profound and meaningful level.  We are very devotional and disciplined, almost monastic, but only for love and not out of tradition or for appearances.  We are also very engaged in the world, with families and jobs along with our spiritual life.  Our order is not huge, partly because not everyone wants to go this...
that makes sense.   the kids are older, so no diapers or constant hovering, and it is a one time thing.   any other thoughts?
I thought $15/hr was shocking for evening gigs, but when I multiply that times 24 hours, that's $360/day, and that just can't be.    What do other mamas pay to have someone spend the night with the kiddos and get them off to school in the morning?   thanks MDC!
Quote: What I remember is that most people have strep living in their body and that a certain percentage of people will be colonized with strep to the extent that the test will show up positive even when they aren't technically infected. Right, so I guess that nowadays we take the test as the only valid indicator of the need for abx? Quote: Does the test really mean anything if you can be positive but not sick? What about...
Quote: the mindset that if the kid tests positive (even though not showing any symptoms) and they do antibiotics then the kid will never get *really* sick, meaning the parent wouldn't have to worry about keeping kid home from school and finding care for that kid? I think there is something to this, but i don't really get why people in this category would care whether I have my (perfectly healthy) kids tested. there is this sense of urgency, like we...
When I was a kid, I only had a strep test a few times, when there was a visibly red and very sore throat with a fever. Nowadays, it seems like everyone is being encouraged to test their kids for strep all the time, especially if a classmate turns up positive. Several times I have heard one parent or another say something about how their child has no symptoms, but tested positive and now they are on abx. I have also been chastised for not having my kids tested for...
just saw this, need to chime in here... my EBF, no daycare, no vaccine twins had HiB (definitely B) at 10 months. one of them manifested with poly orbital cellulitis, that is cellulitis around the eye. I thought it was pinkeye, but when the pede saw it he sent us straight to the ER for IV antibiotics. We were there about 4 hours, and it already looked better by the time we left. about 10 days later, the twin showed up with what looked like an ear infection and...
My son has seizures. He takes Depakote. I haven't always done what the mainstream community thinks parents should (certain vax, for example). I am so grateful to this community for being a place where my questions and efforts to figure out what is best for him are honored for the love behind them. I am so grateful that people here are looking to support each other, even or especially when we step out from mainstream ideaology. I am grateful that people recognize that...
Quote: Originally Posted by kittynurse I would have loved to have grown up not feeling like I was stupid, slow and lazy. Martha my heart goes out to you - that sounds like a big drag. I think you are saying that if someone had told you that you had a learning disability that would have been better, is that right? thanks for your response, Martha.
Hi there: My son has struggled in school with organizational, attentional and mathematical issues. We now have a diagnosis. I am concerned that by telling him that he will feel "broken," or perhaps give himself permission to give up, but I also get the usefulness of him hearing that there is an actual cause for all the challenges. Any advise is welcome. many thanks