or Connect

Posts by mavery

I use their numbers as a general guideline and if I think I'd like to use a product with an orange code, I check the ingredients. They don't distinguish between uses of ingredients in giving them safety ratings AFAIK. So with products containing alcohol as an ingredient, the safety data includes liver damage, neurotoxicity, etc. I am not so worried about using small amounts of alcohol in a skincare product. So if it's green, I'm happy and if it's not, I make up my own...
My guess from your story was that the co-sleeping question was no more than an attempt to figure out how he got injured (like: is it possible someone rolled on his arm?). They do ask probing questions with kids' injuries. I remember when my ds broke his collarbone the doctor asked me the same questions a couple of times (at different moments) -- I guess to make sure the story didn't change. It freaked me out a little, but that's just what they have to do. I think if...
Given where you're thinking of moving to, the real biggy is surely cost of living. The London area is hugely expensive, and if you're hoping to transfer money, savings etc., the $ is worth so little in comparison. I think if that's no problem then I would seriously deeply examine your feelings about leaving the US. Depending on your family situation and how things go for you in the future, it could be hard to come back in (say) ten years. I am from England, I came to...
Since the doc said it was "a hereditary scaling disorder", that suggests he doesn't think you have "acquired ichthyosis" secondary to some other disease. The two most likely possibilities seem to me (a layperson who just googled ichthyosis because I always like interesting medical facts) to be: (1) it might not in fact be ichthyosis but some other condition that looks similar (2) it could be ichthyosis (i.e. you might have the gene mutation) but the symptoms have...
MAS (Multiple Autoimmune Syndrome)? http://autoimmunedisease.suite101.co...mmune_syndrome http://www.ijdvl.com/article.asp?iss...9;aulast=Mohan
I'm just subbing. I pop into this forum periodically bc my ds is challenging in some of these ways (though he is an only -- the thought of another child is too terrifying to us!) Today I was reduced to tears after just over an hour of his company. I feel awful, and like I'm failing him, and like I am not able to appreciate the good things about him because of all the struggle. Our family is miserable right now. I'm sorry other people go through the same thing, and I'm...
When ds was a baby I read Positive Discipline for Preschoolers (or whatever it's called) and liked it, so I read the First Three Years one and didn't like it NEARLY so much. I think reading the later positive discipline book for the general outlook and supplying my own ideas about infant and toddler care would have been much better.
Quote: Originally Posted by NaomiLorelie Quick update. Actually I had it MUCH easier than I expected. In the next class she asked us to write down what was good about the test, bad about the test, what we could have done to prepare better, and what she could have done. I wrote down that I am sure it wasn't intentional but that question was potentially racist and I didn't think it was a good representative of ED. Other than that it is my easiest class....
Quote: Originally Posted by allgirls exactly..unless of course some of you say Hairy and Harry the same way..you don't do you? Yes, they do! Lots of dialects of American and Canadian English have a "vowel merger" before R (i.e. vowels that would sound different before another sound, let's say T, sound the same before R). R is a funny sound that tends to have an effect on sounds around it, and especially a vowel that comes before it. Even for...
I sent the link to my smartypants dh who made it up to 51 for, oh, about 2 words!