or Connect

Posts by mavery

OMG, that's totally fun. I'm doing pretty well, too....
I almost never give (or take) pain meds, but I remember I once spent an HOUR scouring the shelves for the least objectionable choice and came up with dye-free infant motrin. The other alternative is acetaminophen (tylenol) suppositories. The downside is that you have to stick 'em up your baby's butt, but they don't contain any of the dyes or other crap, and you also don't have to spend so much energy persuading them to take the stuff. (I'd much rather stick a little...
Quote: Originally Posted by princesstutu I think I'm sometimes ready to get remarried, but then I realize that I still have very lofty ideals and am still so protective of me that I'm not really ready to have to share any of myself with another in the way I'd need to to have a successful marriage. This is not a problem right now, but if I were to get married to any of the men I've met since my divorce, I'd call it "settling." Since I recognize that...
I know there's a "recipe" for dealing with time changes in TCOYF, but I can't find it right now. I did want to say, if you're TTA be very careful -- I've been there with jetlag and screwy temps.... and have my 4yo to show for it. ETA, I see you're TTC so ignore my advice!
Man, I found that article depressing. I totally believe that we over-romanticise marriage and relationships, but her view of "settling" seems very extreme to me. I think there's a middle ground she's ignoring.
Quote: Originally Posted by Ruthla I have to actually be undeweight to fit into the "normal weight" BMI category. I'm sure there are others with slim frames who are the opposite- they can be in the "underweight" category and be healthy, or in the "healthy weight" category and actually be overweight. Yeah, I'm the opposite of you -- I am just on the border of normal/underweight, but I totally am not skinny (I look a healthy weight and my body has...
I grew up in a "different" family in a small town, so I know what it feels like too. I think a lot of people didn't despise or dislike us so much as think we were weird -- but being on the receiving end, it's hard to tell the difference and all too easy to take EVERYTHING as an assault on who you are. Don't let them do it to you. Quote: I'd come up with something you can do together as a family (or even add a close friend or two of your daughter's) and I'd...
Amniotic fluid seems to reduce high frequency noise pretty effectively. Low frequency noise (like heavy, vibrating machinery) may be more of a problem. The duration of the noise is also crucial -- a few seconds is probably not something to worry about, but an 8 hour shift in a noisy industrial plant, or a few hours on a firing range, are a completely different thing. ETA this info is based on some reading I did to answer a similar question a friend of mine had... Im not...
Okay, I'll confess also (c) I was looking at the car, which was a big jeep-like thing, and thinking "yeah, the backseat is probably pretty comfy" I love the 160DPO one!
I was just sitting in a traffic jam, snickering at the license plate on the car in front which read "DTD ..." (a) I am so high-school! (b) Thanks, MDC, for steeping me in all these acronyms!