or Connect

Posts by mavery

Two things from the green home guide that might help: Here's a review of FLOR: http://www.greenhomeguide.com/index....etail/580/C113 Here's a comparison table of various flooring options: http://www.greenhomeguide.com/index....entry/803/C220
Aubrey also has SPF 15 facial moisturizers. Like this one (but they have for all different skin types): http://www.iherb.com/productdetails....&utm_medium=pf
I've done that before and did exactly what you did (washed it and then oiled it) and it was fine.
Quote: Originally Posted by blessed In our state it's illegal to leave a child in a car if 'potential dangerous conditions' exist. I can't see how a 1 yo alone and out of sight or hearing could be anything other than potentially dangerous. A 1-yr old strapped in a car seat in a locked car parked off the street beside the house in a residential neighbourhood when the weather is neither danerously hot nor dangerously cold doesn't seem likely to...
Mostly echoing the pps. If this is a good enough friend for your dh to be going into their house while they're not home, it's a good enough friend to be honest with, in the most caring way you can. If you tell them the truth out of concern for them (especially if it comes with an offer of help or a suggestion of where to get it) and the friendship is genuine, they may be embarrassed but it seems very likely you'll all get through it and they may well be better off for...
When I first started reading this thread I thought it sounded really weird, but I am very sensitive to noise and then I remembered one day in the summer when I thought our neighbours were having a party in the yard as I was trying to take a nap. I could hear the repetitive bass line of a Latin American song. When I eventually got up because it was driving me nuts and I couldn't sleep, I tracked it down to the hum of the dehumidifier in the basement. So maybe some people...
Quote: Originally Posted by thekimballs We can have them in town, though you have to have a big enough lot (any fence holding livestock must be 50 feet from a property line). I was talking to a friend who lives in a place with this kind of law, but maybe worded a little differently .... we discussed building a very high platform for the goat to live on....
I agree you get used to the noise. I probably wouldn't want to live less than 5-6 blocks from the tracks, though. But if your dh considers, say, a 10 minute walk reasonable, I think you can get a plenty big enough "buffer zone" between you and the tracks so the noise is inoffensive and the diesel fumes are less of an issue. Right now I live 20 mins walk (7 mins bike ride) from a MARC/freight track, and we can sometimes *just* hear the train whistles in the distance.
"Side by side", Ray Charles & Betty Carter. The band played way too slow, but we enjoyed it anyway.
Quote: Originally Posted by frog Personally, I'm not a fan of b&bs because there are too many social expectations. I'm an introvert. YMMV, of course. : Especially at breakfast... if you're the only people staying there, you're basically committed to a certain amount of conversation with the hosts, who are also making breakfast for you. I also find that not worrying about crying etc. is a HUGE relief. We stayed with friends recently who had...