or Connect

Posts by whizzie

((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))) Sucky times eh? Our youngest has *just* got his last molars through, he's now 22 months. But ooooh boy, what a hard time it has been. FYI, he's *still* napping We noticed that his teething agony was worse when he was in a growth spurt too. He grew 7 cm between May 28 and July 2nd. That's a month and a week. I'll tell ya that he didn't sleep much during that time, and he would only sleep if we were right there with him. Ugh! But as soon...
Dh and I have adopted the "hi-lo" kitchen table discussion. It really helps us to reconnect after a day of work/kids. We describe the highs and the lows, and we open up to each other by being vulnerable about what it did to us to have that experience. During the day at work, dh is the professional, there isn't much space for the vulnerability, and the walls sometimes have to come down after work. For me it helps to get out of the "must be the responsible adult" mode that...
Our 3yo has been experimenting with the "i don't love you", "I don't want you" statements. I find that he usually means that he's not into any contact with that parent at that moment. So I ask him "would you like to continue [fill in whatever it was that he was doing when he said it]? Usually followed by a yes. Or he wants to be alone. Sometimes he'll say it when he really prefers the other parent to be with him for whatever it is is going on at that point. For us it...
a friend of mine had this with her mother. she tried the nod technique, didn't work, cuz mother kept going on and on and on. she then realized that her mother was not so much not listening to *her*, but the mother was resisting the "parenting books" and AP style that my friend was defending all the time. so the next time this happened, she told her mother that *she* felt uncomfortable with the baby in a stroller, cuz she could react so much quicker to the baby's...
woohooooooo hokie!
I found with both my boys that they would become clingier than usual at that time. Part of it was teething, but I am also convinced that part of it was that their world is getting so big, that they are finding that they are not identical to mama, they want to discover the world on their own more... and to compensate for that, to find their balance again, they need more of mama. It sorta felt that they wanted to do their own thing, and when it became too much or too...
Quote: Originally posted by Colorful~Mama lol. i know.. i have months to go, but no name sounds right. not one. Don't you think though that when the name feels right, it is the name that fits the baby? It's not like the babe needs to grow into the name. You say that the names of your first two are chosen from beloved family, in their honour. What if that name just felt right for the babe anyway? This prolly sounds very vague, I hope you know what I...
I certainly feel like our boys told me their names... I woke up one morning, about 7m pregnant with our first, and the first thought that came was: "This is a boy and his name is Joshua". I hadn't had an u/s, but I knew it would be a boy. And he's now three... if I call him "Joshie", or "Curly", he looks at me indignantly and says: My name is JoshUA". Okay then. With our second, I had had Luca in my mind since very early on. But dh didn't want another name that could...
Yep, perfectly normal! I worked in childcare for 9 years, mostly in the age group of 1-2. No worries mama. They have just realized that they are not you, and that you are not them. They are starting to discover the world. They are realizing that things do different things. Water: drink, play, mess, spill, splash, drip, squirt, spray... so many things to do with water. Now that they have discovered their new freedom, they also notice that they can manipulate their...
I didn't feel like it was necessary with our first... so didn't do it. Everything was fine, and continued to go fine. When I was pregnant with our second, I was convinced that this was a girl. When it was time for the mw to ask if we wanted an u/s, I was suddenly not sure about *not* wanting one. I noticed I was hestitating, reluctant to say no, and not overly eager to say yes. I tried to sit with it for a while, then I realized that I couldn't say "no" with...