or Connect

Posts by cunninghamt12204

Can someone explain all of these abbreviations to me. Sometimes I get lost. Thanks.
I am almost 30, and am still recieving back child support. He finally got his life together after all these years, and have seen the adoption papers. Like I said I don't know current or statuatory laws, but I don't think that's what happened here.
I want to thank all of you for your support. I had no idea a site even existed for my issues before I was about to break down. If anyone lives in or around the Albany area in NY I would like to become friendlier. I think that we could be really supportive. Although I must admit I am a cry baby when things are tough.
I am probably the only one that will say this, but really consider the options before you do this. I am not familiar with laws, but my father was on my birth certificate, never gave up parental rights, and I was still adopted. I don't know if laws have changed (i'm almost 30), but children really need to know. My parent were very honest with me about what had happened, and I was too young to ever know. I don't know your intentions, but if they are to negate the father...
Both of our families are okay with the situation. But I understand the situation. My mother takes my daughter out with her every Wednesday - they call it Mama's day. She gets to go Toys R Us and pick a toy and they go out for chicken lada mein (chicken lo mein). When they come home I know the three must feel bad, but what are we to do. Our families deserve time with their families without feeling guilty. If it is holiday time, then yes, they have an expectation to do...
I did it and it didn't take long. Can your post your analyzation of the results when you are done. I am very interested. By the way GOOD LUCK. I finished my diseration in October 2004!
Depending on how open your family is to multicultural ideas - you could have each child do something (e.g. one child lay out the broom for you to jump, two carry you in the chair - sorry I don't know the traditional name for the dance). You might also consider addressing them all at the picnic table toast!
I would like to thank you all for your feedback. I am still in the same place with the same concerns, nomatter how much I think about it I can't leave the people I love. I just have to figure out another way. He has finally gotten a court date to get full custody & his child support ended. I suppose I am just feeling impatient and a little bit drawn. I guess I just don't have the faith he does. He honestly believes everything will work out as long as we are together....
I have been taking my daughter out by ourselves, both in an attempt to squelch this feeling and to give her time alone. I don't know what to do about this. I am starting to feel resentful.
He is actually still paying child support. I think I might just be too selfish for all of this, and it makes me feel really bad. I am on the verge of tears at least once a day.