or Connect

Posts by texmama

I usually go with the polite ones.  And those who use full sentences.  (I get annoyed by short texts)
Hugs.  If it were me I would honestly put decluttering on the back burner.  If this is something that you feel you have to tackle now and if funds are not an issue, you could hire someone to organize it all for you. Your time is too precious. 
Couldn't read and not offer a *hug*.  That is a very tough situation.  Hopefully someone on this board could  recommend a book that deals with letting go of the emotions tied to stuff, that you can save the memories, without holding onto the "stuff".  If you could get her to read something like that it might help? 
I think track lighting might be the way to...
I love this home, full of personality yet so free of clutter. http://gallery.apartmenttherapy.com/photo/tom-sams-true-diy/item/259432
Yup, same here, we are definitely in the smallest house of all our friends and family.   We are very happy in our home.  But *every* time we get together with SIL, she asks when we're moving to a bigger house, seriously, every. time.  We have no desire to move, so it comes off as pretty rude to me.  Last time she mentioned it, I just asked her if she was offering to pay for our upgrade ;)  We have a 3 bedroom, 2 bath home, and a wonderful layout, but I guess it's not up...
Yes, there were picky eaters in the past, they were just forced to eat the food presented.  It is really disturbing when my mom recounts the way she and her siblings were treated at the dinner table.    My picky eater has texture issues and just generally doesn't enjoy food.  Sweets she can take or leave, she hardly ever finishes a whole cookie.  She eats very healthy, but does not savor any food really - just eats because she knows it is good for her well-being.  I...
    I would also just say "I would hate for anything to get lost, please leave small toys at home"   I also think that there is judgement to the term "clutter toys".  Which is just fine when you are talking to your own children.  However, you are talking about an item that belongs to someone else that just happens to be in your house.  I don't really care for some of my friend's jewelry, but just because she wears it in my house, I would never consider telling her that...
Each year, I get Turbo Tax Home and Business since I do freelance graphic design.  At first, I though I had to get that version since I do contract work and need to fill out a schedule C, however, now it appears that TurboTax has all of the forms in each version, and the other versions just offer "guidance" on additional areas.    So my question is: Would a cheaper version of TurboTax serve me just as well?   I don't pay anyone else, and I don't need to send out...
I would definitely get some floor mats to protect the carpet.  As far as keeping everything organized, don't leave anything in the car after a drive.  If you take a cup or any generate trash during a drive, take it out when you leave the car.    Also, the only toys that live in the car, fit in the pocket behind the seat, and that's it.