or Connect

Posts by texmama

I use stainless steel cookie sheets and muffin pans. I found the muffin pans at the thrift store, all I could find at retail stores were non-stick. FYI - parchment paper is coated with silicone.
Quote: Originally Posted by Biscuits & Gravy I found some plastic bins that have flip top lids that snap closed. They stack and DS can see what is inside without needing to open them. We have a bunch in different sizes. They are just like this, but I paid much less for them. I think I got them at walmart. All toy sets stick together in our house - little ponies live in a bin together with their accessories, all playmobil live in a bin together...
I'd get the fur real cat too.
Science kit Lego building set Checkers
Sounds like my dd's night terrors. She's 5 1/2 now and still gets them occasionally, but not nearly as frequently as she used to. Now she only gets them the day before she comes down with a cold. I mentioned this to the dr and she said that she might be in a lighter sleep when she's sick, so therefore more prone to night terrors. The dr also said that kiddos who had night terrors when younger are more likely to sleep walk. Hasn't happened yet, but I wouldn't be...
Quote: Originally Posted by MtBikeLover I used to love playing with that silver gun that you could put the paper in and it would make a pop sound with smoke. Oh! I had one of those too! I loved it, but mom did end up throwing it away because my brother and I would always pretend to shoot each other. Interesting. I thought she overreacted at the time (my brother and I knew it was just a game). I wonder what the right reaction to that type of...
Quote: Originally Posted by lolar2 You do it because it's convenient. Your problem is that you do not have a large laundry hamper sitting there on the floor of your walk-in closet, to catch the clothes. You should definitely put a large hamper in the closet - it works perfectly for us!
Quote: Originally Posted by Thalia the Muse Acid-free archival sketchbooks or pads Prismacolor pencils, if he likes to work in color Sharpener Charcoal and/or drawing pencils and/or pastels -- colored paper is nice to use with pastels, too, so you could throw some of that in (not construction paper -- it fades) Spray fixative to keep finished drawings from smearing (plain old aerosol hairspray also works for this!) Art-gum erasers A...
I'm with everyone else - love the Timex analog watches. Do a search for "timex teaching watch" on amazon. Here's one: http://www.amazon.com/Timex-Teacher-...9539562&sr=8-2 Or this one is even better (no "past" and "till", which I think would be confusing) http://www.amazon.com/Timex-Hearts-B...9539748&sr=1-9
I would call the ped Now, before the weekend. Tell them that it is so much worse now (since this morning) and mobility is decreasing fast and tell them you want the most aggressive option available - mention the ER and see if there are any other recommendations from the ped. If not, head to the ER.