or Connect

Posts by texmama

Plan Toys: Veggie cutting toy is made in Thailand. One description I found said this: made of recycled and preservative-free rubberwood. Only non-toxic water-based paint is used.
Quote: Originally Posted by abiyhayil DH came home with a good idea recently. He suggested teaching to yell 'This is NOT my mom/dad' if someone tries to take him instead of screaming since many people avert their attention from screaming children assuming it's a tantrum. I think it was a really good idea! great idea. I'll have to tell dd that
I had the stranger talk(s) with dd when she was 4. Basically I explained that 1) if a stranger comes up and says that something happened to me/daddy and she should go with them - to walk away and find a teacher or mommy to tell. That I would NEVER send someone she doesn't know to get her. Even a police officer. 2) to never go up to someone's car, even if they say they just want to show you a puppy. She did ask why - and I explained that sometimes there are...
Yea! So happy his day went well!! We had a similar experience yesterday with my ds in mother's day out. I was sooo stressed, but he did SO much better than I had even hoped. I owe it all to lots of talks with him over the past 2 weeks about what would happen and that I would go to the store, and pick him up after lunch - lots of reassuring that I was just going for a little while and would be back for him. One note about exemptions - when dd started preschool I...
Quote: Originally Posted by jillmamma We do a lot of the "trading" too...if you don't want her to have your red car, offer her a blue one that she CAN have. If squabbling escalates, or someone starts misusing the toy to get it to themselves (like hitting with it, etc.), I will actually take the toy away from both and put it in "toy time out" for the rest of the day. They each have some "special" things that are just for them too That is...
That's so cool - and great that the couple stopped to say something too! I always loved cuddling with my ds in my Kozy :
My DS did the exact same thing! He shoved one of those plastic bb's up his nose. He was 2 at the time, I tried everything to get it out - sucking on his nose, plugging one nostril while blowing in his mouth, giving him the pepper shaker to sniff - we finally ended up at urgent care. Luckily the doc easily removed the bb with tweezers. (and charged the insurance co. for *surgery*, oh please!) DS talked about the experience for months afterward, quite an adventure for...
I was SO Thrilled when I saw this ad on TV - just made my day! Here's a link to one of the TV ads: http://www.breastmilkcounts.com/campaign/TV/eng.swf
We had to go the Miralax route too - it's not supposed to be habit forming. We let it go way too long, my poor guy was so miserable, and like yours wouldn't eat when he was constipated (which made him really grumpy!). This started around 12 mos for us and he's 2.5 now. I kept trying different foods, found out rice, bananas and apple sauce are no-no's for him. Probiotic bars (found in the yogurt aisle) and stoneyfield probiotic yogurt did work somewhat for us though. ...
Can you attach the bracket an inch or two over, rather than exactly in the middle?