or Connect

Posts by bhawkins

I absolutely agree with this. My oldest DS, who will be 18 this year, has moved in with his dad twice since we divorced when he was 4. The first time he was 10 years old. I was extremely hesitant but allowed it. I made it clear to him that he was welcome to come back home to us at anytime but that it would not be a revolving door. He came back 5 weeks later. He spent several years not seeing him at all. Recently, as he's working his way into adulthood, he began to seek...
I need some advice, some guidance, some something! My 16 yr old son is stressing me out to the max! We have 2 main problems:   1) grades--His grades are terrible!! His last report card he had 3 D's and 1 F. When I saw detailed grade reports in these classes, it reassured me of what I already knew. He is smart but lazy. His test grades were 80-100. His homework grades were mostly 0-50. I have tried everything I can think of. We have taken away all privileges,...
We've been primal and loving it for about 6 weeks now. No time to go in depth right now.....subbing for later.
I'm an RN who worked 3 12-hr night shifts a wk FT for 4 yrs (prior to having my 2 smallest children). I started back about a year ago and continued until recently when I took a school nurse job. Working nights was much easier when I only had one child who was in school. When I had small children, it was very challenging. For one thing, you MUST get sleep during the daytime. It means you must rely on some other source of care for at least several hrs of the day. It is...
I'm a mama of 3 (15, 6, 3) and I work 5 days/wk. I strive to feed my family quality, homemade food as much as possible. Lately, I've been struggling with this. I feel like I spend way too much time on food prep, cooking, and clean up. My kids are constantly trying to get me to do something else with them while I'm trying to make them a good meal. It's making me rethink how I do things. Our budget doesn't allow for much eating out but I would like to invest less time in...
Thanks for the replies! I don't think he's depressed, although I wouldn't rule anything out. It's not like he's holed up in his room and won't come out to do chores. He just avoids until I finally make him get started and then he finds any number of other things to do. Example: while loading the dishwasher he may walk into the living room to watch tv, pop his siblings with the dishtowel, camp in the bathrooom for 15 min, make a snack.....you get the idea. He does...
Life with my 15 DS seems likes a constant struggle/battle. I cannot seem to figure out how to get him motivated to do ANYTHING! He is in 9th grade and his grades are not good (mainly C's and D's). He will not do his very simple chores without someone prompting him at every move. He won't feed (or makes a huge deal about feeding) the animals that he so badly wanted. He won't wash his clothes or simple bring them to the laundry room for me to wash. He'll just wear them...
fajitas!!
I think that sounds awesome! I'd love for my DS to do something like that.
How did your 14 y/o get a permit? I thought you had to be 15.