or Connect

Posts by bhawkins

I was a SAHM after working L&D for a number of yrs. I got into a very similar predicament re: childcare, lack of shifts that worked for me, etc. Eventually I went back to work FT in home health. Huge jump for me but for the most part it's been great. I can get up with the kids and get them off to school/sitter and I'm back home around the time school is out. I know my agency in particular hires RN's for PRN positions so it may be something to consider if you're looking for...
Quote: Originally Posted by Seasons Cook once a month to fill the freezer, for both work lunches and family dinners. I've heard of this before but have never explored any techniques/recipes for it. Any great sites for this?
I've been working FT for about 9 mths now. I've just kept hoping that somehow along the way I would find the ability to balance my life between work, family, and housekeeping. Yet, I am failing miserably at it. Today I have just about had a mental breakdown trying to figure out which one of the hundred things on my to-do list I should accomplish, or rather just hang out and enjoy the time with my kids only to have the housework stack up even further. I just need some...
This is the first summer of my life as a mother that I've worked FT during the summer (other than three 12 hrs shifts). My oldest son is 13.5 and is currently staying at home by himself while DH and I work. We are both gone from 8-4. He has chores and various paid projects to work on but it still gives him a significant amount of free time. He has thus far proven himself to be trustworthy and doesn't have a history of poor decision making. However, I am nervous about him...
I have a Baby Bjorn little potty that DD, 18 mths, has been using lately. I love the way it's appropriate for most any size as DS, almost 4, still uses it for pooping. Very ergonomic and easy to clean, too.
I've helped two boys PL, but not a girl until now. With the boys, it didn't seem to matter where we'd go we could easily find a place for them to go. Not to sound gross, but often times when my middle child was first learning I'd just pull over and let him go behind the car door or behind a building. This isn't possible with a girl. I have an extra Baby Bjorn little potty so that she could sit down anywhere, but then what would I do with the urine? I am sounding silly?...
Would I keep working? Not just no, but hell no! I'd stay home in a heartbeat!
I hire my 16 yr old cousin to come clean my house once a wk. It's an awesome deal for both of us. She does a great job for less money than a professional would run me and she gets paid far more than she would at some fast food joint. It's definitely worth every penny to know that I don't have to face cleaning bathrooms and dusting everything on the weekend.
We have a steer killed every year and I seem to notice a mark like that once or twice a year. I don't know what it is. I have just assumed it was some sort of mark made for butchering purposes.
I worked PRN for 3.5 yrs while my children were smallest. I also found the PRN work to be difficult to deal with. About 3 mths ago I took a home health job that really just fell into my lap. I must say that I LOVE it. The hours are very flexible. I basically set my own schedule. I can work a little extra one day to have a very short day the next if I have plans, appts, sick child, whatever. The pay is fabulous for the hours/work done. I get paid salary (40hrs) and I only...