or Connect

Posts by bhawkins

My DD is 13 mths and I am currently weaning from my once a day pumping. After I use up what's in the freezer, I'm going to leave her some soy milk at daycare (she sensitive to dairy). She still nurses plenty in the evenings and throught the night.
So I'm thinking Christmas already! I like to get my gifts early and have it out of the way. DD will be 16 mths at Christmas and I can't really find anything that I want to get for her right now. I've found SO many things that I want to get her when she's older, but nothing seems very age appropriate. I got her a nice doll for her birthday. Any other suggestions would be wonderful.
DD is 13 mths and I'm going back to work full-time. I've decided not to pump much after the first week or two--just long enough for my body to adjust. She'll then be nursing in the morning, late afternoon, bedtime, and through the night. She takes water or water/juice happily from the sippy and this is a job where I won't have access to a sink for washing up, storage, privacy, etc (home health nurse). Anyway, the question is should I have the sitter offer her some soymilk...
I posted this in Working Moms but I'm x-posting here because I assume most of you single mamas WOH. Plus, I may be a single parent sooner than I wish. Anyway... I've never worked a 5 day a wk, full-time job. I've only worked the occasional 12 hr shift as a nurse since DS#2 was born. But in order to attempt to save my marriage (looong story), I'm going back to work. I think I'll be accepting a flexible 8-4 type job as a home health nurse. And I'm scared to death! I'm...
I've never worked a 5 day a wk, full-time job. I've only worked the occasional 12 hr shift as a nurse since DS#2 was born. But in order to attempt to save my marriage (looong story), I'm going back to work. I think I'll be accepting a flexible 8-4 type job as a home health nurse. And I'm scared to death! I'm worried that I won't have time to read to my kids, spend time outside with them, cook good meals, and stay caught up with the laundry/housework. How do you do it? Any...
I watched it. It was awful! The OB spent most of her time telling horror stories and spouting misinformation. I find it so interesting that the only person who stepped up for a "homebirth gone wrong" story was someone who 14 yrs ago got OB care and then delivered at a birthing center. That says it all right there....
: Lately my favorite easy, cheap meal is baked ziti. I boil some penne, brown some ground beef (or not) and add to homemade or storebought marinara (depending on my ambition level), drain penne, combine with sauce, top with mozarella and bake at 400 for about 20 min. Makes my family very happy!
I've never given DD any type of medicine before. But she has an upper respiratory infection that she just cannot kick (it's been 10 days). So, I have some antibiotics to start her on, but my first attempt was a huge failure! I used a dropper to give it to her and she spit and sputtered most of it out. How else can I get her to take it?
RN in labor and delivery
DD just turned one today. She poops once a day pretty regularly, and almost always first thing in the morning.