or Connect

Posts by tanyalynn

It won't quote the stuff above!   Anyway... I think that makes sense.  Though... at least for my kids, it seems like a lot of stuff easily moves stuff around (assuming metals), and I'd think that could be the thing to throw the gut back out of whack.  Though I don't think I've ever had either kid's gut in really good shape, so the tenuous good shape we used to have probably wasn't very resilient.    I am experimenting on myself for a while longer before trying to get...
My DD never seemed distressed by the spitting up, but I am convinced that it was a baby type of symptom of her food intolerances (vs the toddler or older kid symptoms).    Just remember that soy and dairy are very cross-reactive, so at a minimum, don't add in a lot of soy when you cut out dairy (not saying cut out soy, just keep it in mind).
It sounds like this is a great milestone, except for the needing-to-find-a-new-comfort-drink aspect, so yay!  Not to dismiss the difficulty in changing routines... yeah, that's not very fun.   Earlier in the thread, you said that you thought that people with underlying issues like lyme and metals would likely not see the same lasting benefits from doing this. I wanted to flesh that out a bit.  The things I can think of that seem possible if there's something...
DS used to vomit milk (well, ice cream because we had no liquid milk in the house because I react poorly and wouldn't give it to the kids), and he ate cheese regularly w/o issue.  Tolerances can change, say it was marginal and an illness or other stress reduces the tolerance, and it does seem like some people react differently to plain milk vs fermented/cultured.    And some kids have something of a tolerance--DS tolerates a fair amount of soy before it's an issue,...
Food intolerances (not IgE allergies, I mean) can cause enlarged tonsils or adenoids.  DD's tonsils went down to regular size about a month after we took out gluten and dairy--and although she was waking some at night, I don't think it's nearly as significant as what you're describing, so I'm not sure how variable the timeframe would be to see a change.  The tonsils were the slowest improvement I saw.  I'd also consider a cranial-sacral therapist, they can help with the...
Only salt?  Some people have issues with taste--not tasting things very strongly--due to zinc deficiency, but I've never heard of it for only one flavor.  Zinc demands are high in pregnancy, and that's a mineral that it's easy to be borderline on.  Otherwise...no clue. 
Okay, but now I'm wanting to compare brands for price (recognizing that sometimes strains will be more important for some people)...   the Custom Probiotics 6-strain is $165 for 100 grams, and 0.8 grams is 200 bil CFUs... so it's 83 cents per 100 bil dose (just for a round number for comparison) (and I didn't include any shipping price, I haven't looked at the site that far yet)   What other companies do people like?
I'm considering a supp because although my kimchee is good, I haven't seen anything to make me think I can get into the hundreds of billions of CFUs.   http://books.google.com/books?id=PC_O7u1NPZEC&pg=PA714&lpg=PA714&dq=kimchi+bacteria+cfu&source=bl&ots=pp1V6bUvvI&sig=2_u9LV0ZfxM8wL7S-aS55HFucDQ&hl=en&ei=1ShlTay5I4mbtwfEqPzoBg&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=3&ved=0CDAQ6AEwAg#v=onepage&q=kimchi%20bacteria%20cfu&f=false   This book says that kimchi is...
  We haven't used a probiotic supplement in ages, we've just been getting by on kimchee.  Which is helpful, at least for DD I've seen poop improvements for DD, but I haven't eaten lots regularly myself.   I have a feeling we're not going to be all that sensitive to particular types, I was going to go with the Custom Probiotics to get the high CFU count for a reasonable price and because of the salivarius.  Though now I need to verify the type with deditus (I should...
Lost all taste for salt... meaning she doesn't like salt, or she can't taste salt?   For years, I preferred much less salt than most people, now I salt things fairly heavily.  I think both are swings in the state of my adrenals, I just missed it for those 15 years at first.  I think my adrenals are more rundown now.   Pregnancy is a fairly big strain on our adrenals--healthy people can deal with it well, but people who are stressed (physical stresses or...