or Connect

Posts by tanyalynn

Thank you for that explanation, it exactly addresses what I came here to ask.    Anyone got suggestions as to exactly what affirmation may help in my situation?  DH doesn't think we're going to move between now and Aries new moon, and it's his finding a new job in CO that would drive a move.  We DO want to move away from this city, so I feel: -frustrated that it's not happening now -concerned that we're going to be here for a long time (great people, bad climate for...
When DS was only nursing, no solids, me taking vitC to bowel tolerance was great for managing his colds, I actually didn't have to do anything else for him.  We never had a mismatch between the amount I took and the amount he got nursing, though, so I can't speak to that part.  I guess I'd say start writing things down and see if you see a pattern. 
Your plan sounds reasonable to me.  Personally, I wouldn't re-test because strep bacteria in asymptomatic kids is pretty darn common (bet I can't find that study again, but a study that swabbed *asymptomatic* kids found a surprisingly high % of the kids had strep bacteria in their throats in the late winter/spring, so it looks like a fairly common bacteria in the population).  I'd treat based on symptoms, and it sounds like you're already on the getting-better side...
I think the "don't re-freeze" advice is based on the assumption that, after you thaw your meat, it may be a day or two before you cook it.  And if you use up your non-frozen time, re-freeze, and then thaw again and wait before cooking, you can have food safety issues because of the total time un-frozen.  Maybe I'm wrong on this, but I thought that was the concern, so if you're deliberate in how much time you let your liver be un-frozen, you should be fine.    I have...
  I don't know if it's the right way (or if there IS a right way), but I just focused on what I could do without stressing myself out, and areas that made me feel lighter and made day-to-day easier.  So some areas (many areas) were not touched at all, but some were nicely improved.  And I think just getting started on that helped me get more of that done throughout the year, and now, a year later, I look around and realize that instead of having small pockets of calm and...
My kids haven't had as many food sensitivities as yours, for DD (she's 7 now), it's just gluten and dairy, and for DS (4), add cashews, chocolate, and soy.  They've had health and behavior things, but maybe/probably less than yours?  I don't know, things with them were not good/normal, but not enough for a diagnosis.    I am still in the hoping-to-heal-relatively-fully stage (so not all my optimism has worn off, though it's been tarnished at times), and for us, the...
  I started meditating a while back, felt really good and it was clearly a good thing for me (and then stopped--yeah, not the best plan there).  But this is the perfect time to get back to it and make it a habit that sticks, I think it'll be good for giving my brain room to think and feel beyond the daily stuff.  Though I love affirmations too, most of the words on my TM from last year were affirmations that I wrote.  I guess it's a good time to get back into that...
caedmyn     You've worked darn hard on your health and your kids' health... It would be so frustrating to work hard (and probably save your kids from a lot of difficulty and sadness along the way) but still not get better-than-average results.  Some people start out with so many more challenges than average.    Have you considered cell salts?  There's a thread in H&H about them, if you think they'd tolerate the lactose-based ones, those are fairly affordable...
  It depends on what, exactly, I'm cooking.  When I make refried beans--because they're not soup-like, they're a lot thicker--I do the 24-hr soak/ferment and dump that water, and then I simmer the beans til they're done in plain water, and then drain and add sauteed onions and garlic and spices with the fat, and then as much stock as it needs (sometimes I let that simmer a bit to reduce the stock).  But for lentil soup or anything else that's a real soup, I cook the...
5-phos is tonic E at the 1-800 homeopathy site.  The combo salts will list which salts are included, and so you look for the one that lists 5 different things with phosphate at the end (I forget what the beginnings are--oh, I re-read and saw Panserbjorne already wrote them out).  At least for us, I take/give bioplasma all the time, and then add/substract stuff from that as I can figure out what we need (sometimes it's pretty easy, even for me, and sometimes it's a bit...