or Connect

Posts by tanyalynn

When DS was that age.. he was eating solids, so I gave him vitC directly (sodium ascorbate is a good form of vitamin C, gentler on the stomach).  When he was just nursing, I could just take it to bowel tolerance and he got enough that he nursed/slept fine and I didn't need to suction out his nose, but once he started eating solids, I had to give it to him directly--you may need to experiment to see how much your LO needs, the general guideline I got was 1.1 grams per 10...
My son has some focus issues, not hyperactivity (usually, some foods make him hyper), but he's got the distractable/focus type of issues.    For us, improving his health has involved:   -removing food intolerances, gluten (subtle), dairy (hyperactivity and diarrhea, used to be vomiting), soy (mouth rash and digestive), and a couple others that just caused mouth rashes, helps ... most (maybe all?) of those foods deplete magnesium in him, and in kids, low magnesium...
Apologies that I don't know how to quote from one thread to another with the new platform... a pregnancy/cell salt question from globe-trotter that I wanted to consolidate here.....   I have been looking at starting me and my son on cell salts for a bit now but just lack the confidence (and knowledge) to make the jump. I 'm trying to get through the 40+ page thread on them! But I was hoping someone could maybe help me out with some more specific questions for us. For...
We started with Yasko's special digestive enzymes which have pancreatin (her website is holisticheal.com) and pretty soon switched over to Source Naturals Pancreatin 8x (sold places like iherb, and while they're lower dosage, that's fine for us--we don't need the dosage of Yasko's digestive enzymes).   My son had some, um, interesting reactions to starting them (started on Yasko, switched to Source Naturals and didn't see a change or lessening of the good things), he...
globe-trotter, may I copy/paste your question and PB's answer over to the Cell Salt thread?  Totally glad you asked here, but when I wonder about the answer, I'm going to be able to find the big thread, and maybe not this one.   Thank you for asking! 
You can get amalgams replaced with composite without chelating.  If they're starting to fall apart, it's probably better to get that taken care of when you plan it, rather than when you're forced into doing something.    For me--I was already chelating my 2 kids, and I'd like to have more kids that I don't have to chelate.  And my health was in such shape that I really did need to address it--having more kids was not at all guaranteed given how my health was, and...
If the energy's been an issue for a long time, I really would check out the adrenal link above (or just google it or check out the threads in Health & Healing), but I'm also totally willing to use supplements.  They've helped me enormously in the past few years, I'm functional again, and tapering down the amounts I need.  Consider a good quality B complex, I like Thorne brand because it has real folate instead of folic acid (that matters for some people), sold tons of...
I think long-term, DD and I are going to end up moderate/low meat TFers (which is funny cause DH will probably be paleo-ish, so meat/veg/fruit, little/no grain, and right now we're all dairy-free).    You don't mention any beans--do you not like them?  Because I was going to say that we eat an increasing amount of beans and lentils and I'm really enjoying them.  I'm soaking/fermenting them with this...
Any food intolerance can make it easier for congested sinuses to lead to an ear infection (I caused an EI in my son by letting him have one of the foods he's somewhat intolerant of, chocolate--he's usually fine with a moderate amount, but at that time, no, bad choice).  ... I'd avoid wheat and dairy, both are congesting.  Focus on homemade soup, with homemade stock if you can make some, congee should be easy to digest too--you can even just set it to cook overnight in a...