or Connect

Posts by mama_mojo

See Kai Run and Eleven make great shoes.
I carried all of mine (4 to 6 hours a day), slept more with the first two than the third (different life situation), BF past a year, etc. The third did everything earlier than the first two even though she was not parented as ideally as I would have liked. She was always (and still is) happier than her siblings, and she has the easiest time emotionally getting around in her world (she's 4). The older two did things a little to alot late with the exception of talking. ...
Primal urge...
new to Hardwick.
Keep him outside as many hours a day as possible. Go hiking and let him climb trees and explore while you pursue something quieter. Take him to natural areas that have fewer things he can hurt or that can hurt him. Volume is less of a big deal when you're outside. Give him heavy work, like hauling water, moving furniture while you clean, etc. Will someone wrestle with him? I do not wrestle, but DH is happy to wrestle, and it helps. Try teaching him to jump rope. Set...
I can't quite tell, and that's one of the joys of the internet, but here's my take based on my understanding of your posts. 2 is really little to do much navigating on her own. Personally, I've known too many children to believe sheltering one from certain kids or certain types of play guarantees said child will not display these behaviors. HOWEVER, what's wrong with protecting a 2yo from these things? She'll learn it soon enough. My children are 9, 7, and 4, and...
: We play Pass the Pig as soon as they are able to take turns. It's a game everyone can play, the bigger kids keep score, it moves fast, we can stop as soon as we're ready, etc. I detest most little kid games : : I'm pretty sure it means I've failed some mothering 101 thing, but it makes me more creative in finding games for little ones. Also, the dominoes that are color coded are totally doable with a patient adult and a 3yo. Pick Up sticks is actually pretty fun...
FWIW- if DD2, who is 4, is not IN bed before 6:00pm, she does not fall asleep until 9:30 or 10:00. Looking at your schedule, I see that a 5:30 or 6:00 bedtime is pretty much impossible. What I understand is that people who are under- slept have a stress reaction of cortisol release, and the cortisol in turn decreases their ability to go to sleep. It's a vicious cycle. It really could just take him MUCH longer to go to sleep if he's already too tired. I think the...
This is a Lands End faille tankini, with the skirt bottom. I live in Vermont. When I had this type before, I lived in Texas and had no problem getting it dry. It's like it's not hot enough to air dry it here? The places it stays wet are the waist of the skirt and the entire lined part of the top. If those places are still wet, then you can see, the rest of it is still not completely DRY. It takes it more than 6 hours to dry on a clear sunny breezy day and even then,...
How do you get these heavy swimsuits dry without tossing them in the dryer? Does anyone else have this problem? I love this bathing suit, but I keep worrying about what's growing in it as it takes FOREVER to dry. Help! This is grossing me out and I paid too much for this swimsuit to toss it after one season.