or Connect

Posts by cheeseRjedi

I also like to have DS close to me without bunches of layers separating us! We usually wear a Mei Tai with a Peekaru vest, which is a fleece vest that fits over any soft structured carrier. It's so nice to not have to spend so much time bundling him up for the little bit we are outside in the cold weather. The company also makes a babywearing coat. www.togetherbe.com    
If you like the feel of a wrap but want a more structured carrier, I'd suggest checking out a Mei Tai. It's basically a rectangle with 2 straps that tie around your waist and 2 straps that wrap around your shoulders and back around the baby's bum then tie in the back. It feels similar to a wrap but they're much easier to put on quickly, imo. Most brands can be worn with a newborn-35lbs. I have a FreeHand Mei tai and I absolutely love it. My DS is almost 4 but he still...
My DS is getting a bit big to be worn all the time, but I absolutely loved my Peekaru vest when he was smaller. It's made of stretchy fleece and fits over any soft-structured carrier. I never had to worry about bundling up DS, other than the normal winter long sleeves and pants. They also make a coat made out of softshell material.   www.togetherbe.com  
Hi there! Just seeing this now, but I wanted to welcome you. I know there are other montessori schools in the area but the two that come to mind are Montessori Peaks and Compass Montessori.   Both of my children are in the Jefferson County Open School, which is loosely Montessori based and have multi-aged classrooms from 1st grade up. It goes from preschool through 12th grade.   Good luck with whatever you choose! It's always good to have another crafty mama in...
I realize this is also a bit late, but Jan attended both of my births and she is absolutely wonderful!   A close friend just gave birth last week, with Jan attending. She was trying for an HBAC and after a long while at home, had to transfer. Thanks to Jan's assistance with both my friend and the hospital staff, my friend had a successful VBAC in the hospital. More thumbs up for Jan!
Well, obviously it depends what your LO is into. My DS is turning 2 in November and so far on the list for him we have a t-ball stand, drumsticks, and the M&D wooden pizza. He loves the wooden food with velcro. He's also really into the wooden M&D puzzles that have magnetic pull-out pieces. We have the sealife/fishing rod one and he loves it. Another great gift is art stuff...easel rolls of paper so they can lay down while you trace them. Is it cold where you live? Are you...
My daughter's favorite art supply right now is glitter glue. We also just discovered Crayola Model Magic (I thi kthat's what it's called). It's like clay but not as messy and more malleable for little hands.
*He uses certain phrases over a lot - ex: are you going to bed - Not Yet, but Almost... he almost always responds like that. DD does that a lot too *He whispers to himself sometimes Mostly only at bedtime, but yes to this too * He doesn't really ask very many questions - the occasional "what's that?" or rarely "why is that ______?" Consider yourself lucky *Can play by himself forever. He likes people, but if they aren't around he would be happy to play...
Hey mamas! Man it's been a long time since I've been on this board. Busy busy! Madison started preschool about a month ago. She goes twice a week from 12:30 - 3:30. She likes it and is still excited about it. She has been noticeably clingier to me and her dad so we've been trying to have more one on one time with her. I think what's goin on is that I'm ready to have that time away from her, but she still needs that time together, which just gets displace. She doesn't...
"Everything is temporary"