or Connect

Posts by gracequinn

this is good info, the only thing was I spoke to someone at NARM and she told me they really don't have many student coming from AAMI for certification, which could only mean most choose not to become CPM's. AAMI is the most affordable and i do already have my apprenticeship in place, so maybe it would work, i just have heard AAMI is more like 'go read this book, not tell me what you get from it, it been 10 years since i was in school, i feel like id need more guidence in...
Thanks for responding! National College of Midwifery is definitely my first choice. I'm just a little confused by their program- the way its set up anyway. i should give them a call to get a better understanding.
I am going to enroll in a midwifery training program. I want to become a CPM. I am already in an apprenticeship but I need to get in my book work. From what I have researched AAMI is a study guide and not necessarily a curriculum- so I probably don't want to go that route. I need a well defined curriculum that is evidence based, though i can not afford to do an MEAC program. I will take ANY info from students/former students who can give e info on their experiences...
i'm starting to feel completely overwhelmed. i work full time (8-4), kids in school and daycare in 3 different places, doing apprenticeship, 7 clients..i feel like a rubberband at the ends of expansion right now. yesterday i just cried i've only been apprenticing 7 months and i am feeling like maybe i just can't do it now, maybe i need to wait until the kids are older..and my boss is a bitch, i hate my job but i make good money and i have vacation time personal days...
ok, how jealous am i you got your BCBS HMO to pay for HB!! I submitted like 10 times DENIED DENIED DENIED. sure wish i had your person on their good day in the office midwifery care is worth every penny and more. i'd do it again if i was ever crazy enough to have another baby LOL PPO's will generally cover, you can just call your insurance carrier and ask if they cover Certified Professional Midwives or what their reimbursement policy is on out of network providers,...
what an absolutely perfect little baby! you gave her an amazing birthday, i'm am so happy for you. enjoy every second of her. :
i guess it's better than than getting it in your mouth, which happened to my very dear friend. ewwwwww:
No, not what I've heard.what they told me. she was sort of sick of working, they had a lot of money and they sort of felt like they might as well have a baby. so she stopped working went on tons of fertility drugs -got pregnant- miscarried -got pregnant again- did gestational selection, ended up with twins born very early who lived in incubators for two months. and are now rambunctious toddlers (and quite adorable). when we had our kids together at the baseball park last...
you get me all wrong, i wasn't bashing older moms at all, i was trying to make the point the the older parent will have kids in their 20's who may have to spend that time they would reserve for their own growth as time to "take care" of their aging parents. my point was really that age does not matter when it comes to pregnancy, its never peaches and cream no matter when it happens. i actually feel that there is no right time to have a baby that being said, i feel there...
this thread has turned into something else...but, i need to add... my parents were addicts, i lived separately from my sibling and grew up in foster care. no one Attachment Parented me. no one wore me as a baby, we all got mercury fillings and vaccinations. my mother had 4 C Sections, I had homebirths. no one exposed me to the kind of parenting I do. Mothering came from inside me. I learned how to not parent from my parents. and i am not an exception to the rule. My...