or Connect

Posts by Bm31

Quote: Originally Posted by Arduinna How did they all manage to keep their kids intact and so many other American boys didn't? That is the question. Obviously some did manage, but I think they tended to be the exceptions. Maybe it's a location thing? I'm in Illinois, but "downstate" rather than Chicago....and worlds apart in many ways. I know many people coming out of the ethnic communities you mentioned who also ended up with cut sons. ...
Quote: Originally Posted by Arduinna I never get the thing about parents newver being asked in the 60's. I was in a LTR with an intact man that was born in 1960 in Chicago. I'm sure it varied from place to place, but in many instances they did not even ask. It wasn't until a court case (early 70's I believe) that they made the signed consent forms a standard practice. Some did escape the knife. I had a friend in HS, just one year older than...
Quote: Originally Posted by Jaesun's Dad ultimately I still think that the right to decide one way or the other should still lie with the parents. Although I was circ'd at a time when the parents weren't even asked (60's), my guess is that, living in the circ happy midwest and a time of the Doctor-as-God, they would have consented. Who got the botched penis with three corrective surgeries? It wasn't my parents. I may have been in their care...
Quote: Originally Posted by AXEius My mom told me to do it myself too! I remember seeing it bleed and KNOWING at 3 that THIS WAS NOT RIGHT. Its "funny", they said when i was young that they didn't take enough skin off, but when i was a teenager I didn't have enough skin to accommodate erections without pain. So if its too much skin when you're little and not enough skin when you're a teen, how could there ever be an "appropriate" amount to...
Yes, very true. I remember the constant, forceful re-separations of my remnant foreskin as my mother was instructed to do by the ped. They even tried to get me to do it myself. ARE YOU KIDDING??!! I knew better than that and wouldn't do it. My penis was in a constant injured, bloody, infected, re-healing vicious cycle. That went on until I was six when they re-circ'd me and REALLY messed it up but good.
Quote: Originally Posted by ~NewMa~ My main reason for feeling like I wish he had been is because I feel like the boys who are circumcised, although there is a window of time after the procedure where there is concern about infection, that is the only time they really have to worry about the penis and it's developement. I don't find this to be true at all. In real life (not on the net), I know of more situations where circ'd boys/men (4, 5...
Quote: Originally Posted by Greg B Skin bridges, penises bent by skin too tight, etc. These things, and more, are complications that can have negative impacts beyond mere aesthetics. Unfortunately in a time and place with mostly cut males these things are accepted as "normal" variations. Pretty much as long as there isn't a full amputation and the male is left with a reasonable facsimile of a penis, that seems to be good enough for those...
If it's something I read online I wouldn't give it much credence. Especially in online discussions or debates, pro-circ'ers have been known to pose as intact men with myriad problems and complaints. I put more stock in what the dozen or so intact guys I know in real life think. For the most part they either love it or shrug their shoulders and can't see what everyone thinks is so wierd about having a foreskin; it's just normal to them and works perfectly fine. The only...
Quote: Originally Posted by Katielady That is awful. I'm so sorry that happened to you. Thanks, Katielady! I try not to dwell on it but if by sharing my story someone else's child might be spared the same fate, I feel like it's the small part I can play in ending this madness. Night Nurse, the other thing is the sheer ignorance on this issue and the fact that most men are loathe to admit any problems with their penis. In various...
I know it happened to me. The original circ was "too loose" so it kept forming adhesions which the ped kept reseparating and also instructed my mother to reseparate. From what I was told it pretty much proved impossible and would reattach within a day's time (the body trying to heal itself is amazing!). So after much breaking of adhesions, and the resulting buildup of scar tissue around the glans, they finally talked my parents into a re-circ when I was six. Then they...