or Connect

Posts by Drummer's Wife

dietitiancentral.com
Check with your school/state about internships. As you know, RD's need a 9 month, unpaid internship. At least for my university, it is super, super competitive. They only select something like 6 out of hundreds of students every year. You pretty much have to have a 4.0 - which is hard, especially with organic chem I and II. A lot of grads never get into an internship, which really, really limits any possible employment related to dietetics. Also, check out the dietitian...
I don't have a certain age in mind regarding when I'd allow DD to wear bikini. Really, it wouldn't bother me at all if she wanted to wear one now (she's 11), or when she was younger, or when she's a teen. That would be up to her. As it is, she likes full-coverage two pieces (tankinis, I guess, but I ones that cover her entire tummy like a one-piece would). She also likes the swim skirts. Bikinis aren't a big deal to me. I used to wear them - as a teen and young adult....
Great point.
Honestly, I don't know what you can do. She's very close to being an adult, and likely isn't going to be influenced by talks regarding dressing w/any of her parents. I'd let it go,I'm thinking (my DD is only 11 - so who knows how I will feel 5 years from now). I'm guessing she likes the way she looks, as well as any attention she receives as a result. Otherwise she would wear a different style of clothing. Either she'll outgrow it or tame it down a bit as she gets...
2005 - so, 7 years.
I love my new job (it's only been about a month and a week)... But it's so much fun. I love that my four kids are in summer camp b/c I work. I have no desire to be home with them all day long for 3 months; though, I was a SAHM for 10 years. I'm loving the freedom of not having to entertain and feed them and break up fights and clean up afte them all. day. long. On that note, I love that all my kids are in full-time school now. As much as I LOVED having babies and...
3K sq ft (5 bed/3 bath). We are a family of 6. It seems like a good size for us. We lived in much smaller spaces years ago, and I hated it.
Oh, yeah; I've let DH use weed killer spray -- this after hot water and vinegar didn't do a thing (we live in the desert and the weeds go crazy). As a PP mentioned, I never want to live in a small space with children again (btdt and it sucked). I love my 3K sq ft home. Our two SUV's are staying, too -- can't exactly fit a family of 6 in a Prius.
Oh, hon. I think it's normal to question the why's and what if's when you hear about other families losing a child. I'm imagining it's haunting when it's your own sweet baby. It's frightful that we have so little control, at the end of the day. Plenty of parents make some truly shitty and outright dangerous decisions -- yet their children live to adulthood. You can do everything right and then some, and have your heart shattered to pieces in an instant. It's really...