or Connect

Posts by Lemon Juice

We are planning our upcoming birth and are going unassisted.  We just moved to NC about 2 weeks ago and I would love some help, stories, etc about those who have birthed here unassisted. I searched before our move (internet took some time to get up and running) and found a list on here, but can't seem to find it anywhere.   I am 35 weeks and wondering if I need a blood test for the BC and the easiest place to obtain one with the least amount of questions asked. :)...
Sounds wonderful! I don't think it's weird to list any of that. We are currently looking for a rental and would love to find handy info like that in the listing. We are relocating from out of state, dp's job in Colorado has ended after 2 years..we are in TX visiting family while we decide where to venture to next. Heh, when I search CL for houses, my main words are 'acres' (we have a lot of children and need room for them to roam, also hope to get a goat and chickens,...
Completed both steps!! 
4 intact sons who have never, ever had any problems! Their ages are 9, 7, 6, and 4 months. My 2 oldest sons and youngest son will be in DC with me next month for the Genital Integrity Rally! Saving babies one penis at a time! 
Our family looooves Durango!! It's wonderful there!! When we go (we went last weekend..and go a few times a month it seems) my dp takes the older one tubing on the river (he's 8 and loves it! 6 and 7 yr old liked it, but it was a bit too much for them). You can drop in anywhere (even your hotel, depending on which one you stay at). Tubing from the Rec Center area to Santa Rita Park can take 2-3 hours. Last time dp and ds saw a bear..that walked slowly along the river...
Sorry for not answering sooner!! I have a good excuse, I swear! Quote: Originally Posted by Lyndzies How did family handle the news (you mentioned they weren't very supportive)? Is it looking like you're going to get your waterbirth? I'm hoping for one, too! What is your favorite cold-weather activity to do as a family (since you live in snowy New England!)? My family was pretty neutral about it...don't think it's such shocking news...
We arrived last weekend and are loving this summer weather! Thanks for the info, Peony. I went to the library and got some info to connect w/ other hs'ers. The town itself is wonderful..like a dream! Reminds me of a mini Portland, OR. Took a few days to adjust to the altitude, but everyone seems to be doing great now. Finally able to walk my pregnant self up the stairs and not need to rest and drink tons of water. Really loving the free gondola ride into town and the...
Quote: Originally Posted by eilonwy I tried to make tincture once but it didn't work at all. Do you need to start with *really* high-quality buds? Can you do anything at all with stems & leaves? I also run into people who are constantly asking me what they can do with seeds. I know that most of them won't grow even if you're of the inclination to plant them (because they come from female plants that have never been exposed to male plants) but can they be...
Quote: Originally Posted by Mammo2Sammo LemonJuice - are you leaving this area? or will you still be around. I now live in metronorthwest Boston and we are really enjoying it. Oops just reread your response from earlier. I've always been interested in CO. We have family in that area! Well, all of dp's family is out this way. We lived here for 2 years and now we are off to another adventure! It was nice to be near famiy for some time, but a...
Quote: Originally Posted by Ideesmom hi all ive been reading this thread for years and just thought id finally chime in. My DH has been hard at work this winter and now We are enjoying the fruits of his labor and its so kind.... Its nice to know that there are other mamas like me out there Happy Harvest! Finished the manicure last night and they look beautiful! Tincture is the making today...I make it for a friend who has Lyme's. Amazing how...