or Connect

Posts by chamomeleon

If you prefer a sweet cornbread (as I do), I have always used the recipe that comes on the box of cornmeal (Quaker or Aunt Jemima - can't remember which one it was since I usually buy my cornmeal in bulk now.) Non-dairy milks and egg replacer work very well in this recipe - I've even used coconut milk (the kind that comes in a can) thinned with water when I've been out of soy or rice milk. 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour 3/4 cup cornmeal 1/4 cup sugar 2 tsp. baking...
I am also curious about vegan spaghetti-o's. I've always kept my eye out for a vegan version and have never seen one. My guy happens to be going through a bit of a picky phase at the moment so packing lunches has been tricky so far. He doesn't like sandwiches (I mean really - sandwiches? What's not to like?) And I really need to get him a thermos, as there are many foods he likes warm, but will not eat cold. I have managed to hit on a few things he likes...
Until recently, we lived in a small town and within the last 6 months we lived there, we got two certified letters notifying us that new businesses were opening in town and had applied for liquor licenses. (One was a wine shop, and another a bar & grill.) I think they must be required by law to notify everyone who lives within a certain distance of the property or something like that. I hope it's a check!
I love Lellow for Yellow too! "Speficular." It's a combination of the words "specific" and "particular," as in, "I chose that speficular color because I know it's your favorite!" Makes me smile every time.
Quote: Originally Posted by EarthRootsStarSoul I was in the audience of the Bozo Show. Me too! I also got to play the Bozo Buckets game - I made it to bucket #3.
I once posed for a Spencer Tunick photograph in NYC.
We took a family trip to Niagara Falls last year when my son was 4. He loved it! For us, it was part of a longer trip with several stops, so we only spent one full day there, which - in my opinion - was enough. It's VERY touristy, but if you're prepared for that and take it for what it is, it's a lot of fun. The answers to many of your questions will surely depend on your children and their own abilities and whatnot, but I'll do my best to help! The main tourist...
I wonder if this could be some kind of developmental thing? I say that because within the last few months, my son (who has just turned 5) has also asked me to help him "get a crazy/scary/bad thought out of his head." I can't now remember exactly what the thought was, but I know it was some kind of scary "what if" scenario that he had invented in his imagination. Maybe someone who has more knowledge of child development than I do can chime in here, but I wonder if 4-5 is...
We just had a pinata for my son's 5th birthday party. It was the string-pull kind (and didn't open until the very last string - what are the chances??) I filled it with some candy (lollipops and hard candy), stickers, and silly bands, which were a big hit.
B&G, I wish I could help you. I even did a quick couple of Google searches to see if I could unearth anything helpful, but alas. I mostly just wanted to beg you: please post pictures!