or Connect

Posts by leahida

Hey everyone! I can't sit too long right now at the computer, so haven't had a chance to read through the thread, but I just wanted to pop my head in here and send big hugs to all the WWoW mamas for all your love and support over the past several days. My surgery on Tues. went really well. I am so hopeful and working my positive healing affirmations. Will write more as soon as I can.
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoopin' Mama No offense to you, as it is your business and you are free to conduct it as you like. But if my dcp made me feel like I wasn't welcome to stick around a bit, I would definitely take my business elsewhere. Maybe my perspective is a bit different because we attend a Waldorf inspired nursery school and it is a very welcoming atmosphere. We are going through the same thing right now, and I will have a...
thanks nextcommercial and all the pp's. this thread has been SO helpful to me. today, I decided to try not sticking around too long. the dcp had originally been the one to suggest that I come a bit early and hang out, but I don't think she had an hour in mind, LOL! yesterday at pick-up we discussed the plan for me to leave right away and she did seem a bit relieved. so today I came, read a short book to ds, and was out of there in about 5 min. he cried and...
My ds is 18 mo and has been at a wonderful in-home daycare since he was 10mo. I feel totally good about the place and the provider, who is very loving and attentive. DS NEVER used to cry when I dropped him off -- he would just start playing and not even really notice when I left. He would cry when it was time for him to leave, actually!! In the last two weeks or so, ds just does not want me to go. It is even worse when dh drops him off. I stay with him about an...
hey everyone, I'm totally exhausted. So sorry for what everyone is going through. this sucks so much. sending out big hugs to you all. This separation s$%t has been such an up and down rollercoaster. As of a few days ago H was being very civil. He emailed me a very generous separation agreement, and then on Saturday he freaked out again -- I found out he had been reading my diaries!! He left on a business trip to France yesterday afternoon for 10 days...
I signed up! This will be my first year -- I can't wait...
I can totally relate to the feeling of being "at fault" for the breakup of the marriage. I did some mega things to screw up my marriage. My H is not a loser either, not abusive, not a bastard that deserves to be kicked to the curb, though he's kind of acting like an a$$hole right now. He is a really good man who probably was never really good for me, but for whatever reasons I stayed in the marriage for 8 years and had a child with him (I have no idea why and I'm...
Quote: Originally Posted by Metasequoia Ayone else get "not-so-helpful" comments from married friends? I find that I'm drawn to single mama's now. Oops, wanted to reply to this. I too find myself drawn to single mamas these days. I am finding myself averse to hanging out with people whose lives are not totally falling apart, LOL. I wouldn't say I've gotten "not-so-helpful" comments from married friends, but I feel like they are pitying me. ...
Here's a long-ish update from me: I guess I am having some Jeckyll and Hyde stuff going on with H too. After a very scary, abusive, and threatening verbal attack on Wed. night, H apologized for his behavior and agreed last night to go to couples counseling. I am so relieved. I don't have any illusions that the marriage can be salvaged, but at least we might be able to work on resolving some of the issues between us, so that we can move forward and more productively...
Hugs, mama. I'm so sorry for your situation. It is terrifying to have to contemplate so much change all at once. I don't have any answers for you, only to say that I am newly separated, full of fear as well, and yet trying to trust that everything will be OK. We don't have to figure out all of the answers today, just to take one day at a time, put one foot in front of the other, and take whatever baby steps we need towards our goals. Wishing you strength and...