or Connect

Posts by Metasequoia

Popping back in here for a minute to let you know, Cricket, how big my heart felt reading this post (I thought it might burst!) It seems strange to say, but I feel like I love that little owlet of yours. I wonder if he feels all of the love coming from everyone around him? Add me to the list of people who would love to read your blog should you decide to go ahead with it.   Hugs, hugs and MORE hugs! I'm so happy for you!!! XOXO   Erin
Okay, I FINALLY have some pics to share.   1/25/10 - age (almost) 10 - before any orthodontia treatment:     2/3/10 - before treatment, age 10:     12/25/11 - 1st braces after rapid palate expansion (conventional orthodontia):     4/23/12 - Braces removed by Dr. Smith - age 12:     6/9/12 - Relapse from conventional orthodontia - 12.5:     5/3/12 - ALF expansion - 13:     Braces on after ALF (no decent pictures)   1/28/14 - Braces off!...
I was just reading this page on abx and pertussis:   http://www.beyondconformity.co.nz/hilarys-desk/whooping-cough-treatment   Here are some more posts on that page:   http://www.beyondconformity.co.nz/resources/whooping-cough   I forgot to mention that after Ds (4 at the time) had already been suffering for over a month with the horrendous coughing (I had just discovered how well BIG doses of vit C worked), I decided to give him the generic Mucinex. The CVS brand...
I think the ER/Urgent care will often give the full DTaP instead of tetanus whenever they get a chance because they think it's helping to prevent pertussis.   My Mom ended up getting the full series at the ER and I must say, I'm relieved. That's a big thing to worry about.
I was 15 (about 4 months shy of 16.) My oldest daughter was 13.5. DH's mom had her first baby at age 12, so I wonder if genes from his side had something to do with her period coming earlier than mine. 13.5 seems okay; not too early. Dd2 is 11 and I'm hoping she'll be at least 13 as well.
I need to run up and get my camera to upload pics (in a minute) but I wanted to post this YouTube video of Dr. Smith giving a lecture. AMAZING stuff. Insanely fascinating!   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuFDEVmmT5g
Hey Mamas, I'm totally DDC-crashing here. I noticed the iodine thread because I guess I never officially left this group and the posts still come up.   Iodine and thyroid is so very, very complicated and especially so if you're pregnant or nursing. Our environment is so polluted with bromides (from flame retardants) and fluoride (from everywhere) and perchlorate (from rocket fuel, etc.) and chlorine (water - ingested, topically and inhaled) that compete with iodine in...
Haha! Me too! I was reading Wendell Berry before bed last night and he wrote about how much he loves women and how he imagined making love to so many women he passed by and how he'd devote years to loving them but somehow, his wife tamed him and he loves her more than he loves women. A kindred spirit, that Wendell Berry, on so many levels. I often tell DH how much I love men and he asks what I love about them. Mostly at that time in my cycle, it's the physical attributes...
Mine have all been happy, healthy babies/toddlers too (also extremely high energy!) My oldest, who just turned 14 on Monday, started to show signs of adrenal insufficiency as she approached the teen years. That's when I first began to have symptoms of adrenal insufficiency too. I think it's common to first feel adrenal issues as puberty approaches. We're long-time WAPF eaters leaning towards Paleo/Primal and try to eat the most nutrient-dense food possible so I hope this...
I've always wondered (but have been nervous about asking) why women can't tell when they're ovulating. I didn't realize that not everyone's libido picked up approaching ovulation and during. I've always known I was headed towards ovulation-land when I'd be driving down the road and the guy's broad shoulders in the pick-up in front of me made me think naughty thoughts. And it's all downhill from there. I can't think of anything else but sex. And I need to where a...