or Connect

Posts by twinkletoes

: really, it's the ones that produce a heat stable toxin that freak me out. Salad dressing is usually acidic enough to prohibit growth, and garlic left out for a few days in oil... I don't know, I would probably refridgerate it... but yeah, I've had friends who ate the same food off the stove for DAYS and were/are very healthy and fine. bleck. I tended not to take any offered food! http://aggie-horticulture.tamu.edu/e...on/poison.html
ack. I worked at a busy vegetarian restaurant and things went rotten quickly if you weren't careful! especially beans and soy products and buckets of warm things going into fridges without proper stirring to cool them evenly and quickly. The 2 hour, etc, foodsafe rules are important for commercial kitchens! That said, having my main business being cooking at home for my family, there seems to be a different set of rules and I am relaxing on the foodsafe and (while...
Asian Family brand (black wrap) uses citric acid to preserve it, no gums... sadly it's the least delicious. That said, I'm still searching brands because coconut milk in chai and hot cocoa is Delicious!
maybe undercooked and dried out at the same time? Throw it into soup... Things like this usually happen to me too the first time I try cooking something new. Now I tend to cook large halves of squash cut side down on a casserole dish, often covered or with a touch of water and butter until it's soft, and then I turn it over... oh wait, and then DH turns it over and fills the cavity with maple syrup and butter holy moly thats good... otherwise I slice them 1"...
thanks for that article, I'm printing it off to read fully (online reading makes me : ). We stopped and reversed decay on my firstborn by stopping the bananas and adding homeopathic minerals, but it started again a few months ago (2 years after the last bout). Having CLO by the spoonful rather than gel popper and adding kefir seems to have stopped it, but I need to be much more proactive! ...reading with interest.
Oh Chanley, I'm traumatized to hear that my ancient cast iron pans are not gluten-free!! These pans have been in my family longer than I have!!! Is there anything to fix it? Thanks for the inspiring website though, I was needing a good testimonial here are some of the source recipes that we use, never followed exactly and always improvised on: ALMOND FLOUR PANCAKES (from Lucy's SCD cookbook) 3 eggs 1/2 cup yogurt (or kefir) 1 Tbsp honey (I don't add this) 1...
oh yay! I'm glad it's the recipe you were looking for, I LOVE indian food too.
I used to be pretty weird with pasta.. I *had* to eat the whole pot. Now, I can't eat grains at all without some intestinal trauma. But at the time that was my only specific symptom, it was like I was addicted to it. So I don't know if that'll help answer you, but it seems to echo your intuition about it. Have you tried switching to the brown rice pasta (here tinyaka brand is delicious)and seeing if it makes a difference? adding more fats and proteins to the...
I will post some within the day!
I wish I knew how to quote, but if you're generally confused as to which dietary improvements to make then take NOURISHING TRADITIONS by Sally Fallon out of your library, and check out the Weston A. Price Foundation's website online. I find NT to be a bit hokey, but SO informative and useful for making a healthier family diet. They are big on making grains easier to digest by soaking or fermenting them (eg. real sourdough), and getting the most nourishment from your...