or Connect

Posts by twinkletoes

my 'fatten the kids up' dishes are; -small veggies cut up and sauted in chicken fat and/or butter and/or quality bacon, then brown rice or quinoa put in with homemade stock and simmered until done. They'll devour it. The thick gelatinous stock feels especially nourishing -soaked oatmeal with cream and/or butter and/or flax oil plus maple syrup -quality bacon with anything, egads, thank the pig -pancakes made out of almond flour (+yogurt + eggs) with butter...
My traditional chinese doctor just told me there are three main times when a woman's body is both very vulnerable to imbalance, and very easy to improve it's core health: First is for the six months after our first menstruation, second after each child we birth, and third is during/right after menopause - must be all those hormones in flux making our bodies flexible. Maybe your mom could use some herbal balancing up? We (our family) have had very good luck using...
CUPCAKES! yikes they're SO easy, and so easy to make relatively healthy and all kids are thrilled by them (it seems). I often serve them at birthdays with whipped cream and strawberry sauce (on a plate!). I've used carob instead of chocolate, almond flour instead of wheat, rice flour, carrot cake, applesauce cake, nut butter frostings, etc... for my son's 4th birthday I made a cupcake volcano mountain with a vase full of strawberry sauce inside it for the lava and...
IMO yes and no.. : I mean, I was raised whole-health foods vegetarian by a mother who obsessively read labels, but I still felt like how you describe for over a decade, it was frustrating and confusing because I thought I was doing everything "right" yet I was exhausted and always, endlessly feeling sick and catching every cold in the town. A cupboard full of vitamins didn't help much either and I felt on the decline and defeated, had asthma and depression and terrible...
my mom just gave me a stylish hand-me-down dress that I remember her wearing and *remember* thinking of her at the time as having this huge, adult & matronly body.. ...it fits me perfectly... our bellies even look the same, only I think mine may be saggier
I never use flour in my cookies either, the recipe goes something like: scoop butter or coconut oil bigger scoop of peanut butter or other nut/seed butter big scoop honey, then whiz it all until smooth a few eggs your choice of filler -coconut -choc chips: -nuts(I'll grind these up sometimes) -seeds -dried fruits cook on parchment at 325, these can be as delicate or hearty as you make them (balancing the fat/sweet/filler ratio and length of cooking) and...
I'll often make an SCD pizza using ground beef, a bit of pizza sauce, an egg, some almond flour and some oregano all mushed up then spread it onto a parchment paper-lined pizza pan and put your toppings on top. into a hot (400f) oven until the bottom looks like it'll be firm and crusty and the top is all bubbly. Take it out of the oven and let the juices run back into the crust. It's really yummy, even dh likes it, usually with a big salad on the side. Meat-Za
I absolutely could have written either of your posts Mamabohl and kdmama33, especially about the escalating pickiness and the constant hunger and 'dissatisfaction' and unhealthiness of it all. I really tried so hard, with a house full of healthy food and an endless desire to please and satisfy him, basically turned myself into a short-order cook with only grief as my reward. It took getting to the end of my rope to change my tune and the result is so worth it - my son...
thank you xenabyte, I'll give it a go as you suggested. : your posts are always so informative
Some grains just came in the mail!! The milk kefir is going so well, but the woman who sold me the water grains strongly advised against filtered water. I don't have any friends around here with a well, and our municipality doesn't floridate it's water, will boiling filtered water be sufficient? Would it help to add some trace mineral drops? What do you fellow urban dwellers do? My grains are still dry and in the envelope they came in. Thanks