or Connect

Posts by hawkeye

Since you mentioned you're in WA I wanted to let you know about API attachment parenting international. It's a great group with chapters in many cities, and Seattle has a very active group. Go to http://www.apiseattle.org/ There is a great email listserv plus lots of in person meetings all around the area. Hope that helps.
I'm wondering about this too. My 30 month old nurses a few times in the night plus in the evening (I work FT so no daytime nursing). My dh will probably be taking her on a 5 night trip (long story) and I am very conflicted about it. I want her to go see her far away relatives (I can't go bc of work) but I am sick at the thought of her feeling abandoned overnight or losing her trust in me. I am not ready to wean her. Any advice? Do you think a 5 night trip away from me...
Post removed
my 16 mo dd loves to hand me the silverware as i'm unloading the dishwasher. so, maybe involve him more in your activities? and move or get rid of the majority of things he can't have/touch.
My 16 mo dd is usually a pretty mellow gal. Today, however, we had a 22 mo over for a playdate, and my dd hit the 22 mo repeatedly. Every 5 minutes she would walk over and hit her without any provocation. When the hitting occurred, I would tell my dd, "hitting isn't nice, touch gently' and demonstrate. However, a few minutes later dd would hit the kid again, and then smile. If I picked my dd up following a hit, she would scream and twist like I was murdering her. The...
I'm in the same boat. My dd is 16 months, and she too will only sleep if being held. In fact, right now she's sleeping across my chest as I type. In some ways I really love just holding her, but it certainly gets a little old. I try to remember that this too shall pass. I'm looking forward to seeing what advice people have. GL to you!
I have a few questions about cosleeping with a newborn. We weren't planning to cosleep, but Gen (4 weeks old) won't sleep unless she's on my chest or dh's chest. She likes to lie across the chest, in a cradle hold position with her legs hanging off the side of our body. Is this a typical cosleeping position? Is it safe? She is not on her back while sleeping--will this increase her SIDS risk? We all sleep topless, with blankets down around our waists, so she can't suck...
I'm just wondering if anyone else here cosleeps? I have a few questions. We weren't planning to cosleep, but Gen (4 weeks old) won't sleep unless she's on my chest or dh's chest. She likes to lie across the chest, in a cradle hold position with her legs hanging off the side of our body. Is this a typical cosleeping position? Is it safe? She is not on her back while sleeping--will this increase her SIDS risk? We all sleep topless, with blankets down around our...
Just wanted to say that I would NOT skip your appt. Skipping appts could make you look negligent, and could jeopardize yours chances of adopting your foster babe. Instead, please keep the appt and talk to your dr about delaying/skipping the vaxes. Are you able to choose the dr? If so, pick one who is ok with delayed/skipped vaxing. To find one, check out Dr. Sears' vax book--he has a website for the book and a list of non-vaxing drs. Good luck.
I am having the exact same thing. I'm 38.5 weeks, and the baby was hiccuping quite a bit (at least once or twice a day for about 5 minutes each time). However, in the last week I haven't felt any hiccups. Movement has decreased some too, though. However, I wonder if the change in movement has more to do with the change in position. The baby was lying with its back on my right side, head down. Now its back is out toward my belly button, with arms and legs against my...