or Connect

Posts by Sylith

Thanks for responses. He definitely, definitely has issues with executive functioning. We have done lists before, but maybe they were not detailed enough. For that matter maybe my verbal instructions are not detailed enough. Hmm... Nightowlwithowlet -- We already do a lot of the dietary stuff. I like the martial arts idea. I will try to look for something in this area that would be good for him. I do try to be sure I have his attention when talking to him, but......
Quote: Originally Posted by Beautiful~Life We do the best that we can. If our children are well fed, bathed, loved, and have social and physical outlets I think we are doing a pretty darn good job! We don't have to be perfect and we can't! Some of us have kiddos that are quiet and easy and some (like myself) have two little wild girls that go go go until they drop. Each circumstance is different. I don't think that just being a calm Mom neccessarily...
My son is 7. He shows the inattentive and impulsive aspects of ADHD, not so much the hyperactivity. He has a lot of other personality "quirks" but doesn't seem to fit into any other diagnosis at this time. He is also intellectually gifted. He is such a sweet boy with a good heart, and I know he very much wants to be able to make good choices, but it is just extra, super hard for him. The behavioral interventions which have been recommended again and again revolve...
My gut reaction is that he's a creep, and all the teenage girls he's come in contact with have needed their mothers to be stronger and more protective for them. I don't have a daughter, but if I did, and this were my father, I do not think I would leave her alone with him. I would want to watch any interaction between him and my daughter pretty closely. And I would want to be sure to keep the lines of communication open, so my daughter could tell me if he was making her...
Thank you, mamas. I really, really appreciate the support. H is not abusive. Trying not to give too much detail about him here because he knows my screen name, etc. I do not actually have any student aid package, as I didn't qualify for anything with his income. The financial aid office at the college has informed me that I need to resubmit my amended FAFSA *after* I move out. The county social services office here also told me over the phone that I need to...
I've decided I really need to go, but am so overwhelmed at the task of leaving. We have two kids, ages 7 and 3. I was a SAHM for 6 years, went back to school last year. I'm doing an AAS in an allied health field which takes about three years to complete, so I should be done by spring of 2011... so far I've maintained a 4.0 GPA, and I'm going into a field with pretty decent job prospects, so I'm not too worried about finding work after that. In the meantime,...
K, so my survey questions could have been better written, as I can see how people had to kind of work out how to answer them, but y'all answered them anyway, and gave me some data points to use for my project. Thanks again I'm still collecting data, if anyone else wants to add a response.
I have to do a poll for my Statistics class, then manipulate and analyze the data in various ways. I thought maybe some of you mamas would give me a few minutes of your time and be my poll subjects. Thanks in advance I'm going to have to limit this to parents of kids ages 5-18. There are two questions. Please answer them both: 1. Do you homeschool? (YES or NO, please... I guess you can answer Other but I can't use your data for my project.) 2. On average,...
I know what it is like to feel too sensitive and emotional. For me, getting a little older helped (I'm 33.) I kind of toughened up some time after my 30th birthday. Some of it was about increased self confidence and a deeper understanding of my own strength and resilience. Some of it was that I started doing yoga. I have also learned from working with my highly emotional DS1; I try teaching him skills and end up applying them for myself. But some of it really was...
My 7 year old finds it impossible to play any Wii game sitting down We don't have the balance board, but DS1's favorite game is Mario Kart. It's a racing game. It easily meets my standards of age-appropriate, and is super colorful and fun and addictive. Fortunately for him, I am terrible at video games, so he can beat me easily.