or Connect

Posts by user_name

maybe you could ask her to go to the grocery store for you? or better (so it would make it best to leave your daughter with you at home) the library? then one of the books you check out could be 'birthing from within' -- and you would need time on some evenings to do the exercises? does she ever get designated as a hardware store gopher? that might help too...
ihmo, it couldn't hurt to ask one! my dd had a very slight tongue tie and i, wanting like you to eliminate anything that might possibly affect her breastfeeding or contribute to reflux, opted to really push the ent doc we visited to clip her frenulum. she was off her reflux med in a week & hasn't had any problem since. before we went to the doc, though, i asked a lc, a ll leader, my mom, grandmother, husband, brother, sister-in-law...basically anyone i could get to take...
Quote: I believe that Dr. Offit has greatly misrepresented the overall message of the book as being ‘anti-vaccine.’ Quote: Some of these errors are so erroneous, it’s almost as if Dr. Offit was reading some other anti-vaccine book instead of mine. other? this cracks me up...
Quote: Originally Posted by rivkah My 2 cents: He needs to talk about his reasons for not preferring extended BF (just as other posters have said). It may help if you approach him seriously, with an open mind. I agree that they are your boobs, but it is also his child, and he should have a say in how his own child is raised. I personally can't imagine a good reason to wean a child before the age of 2, but that doesn't mean you can't listen to what he...
Quote: He hasn't said much of anything past "1 year is old enough." No reasoning. i got one for ya that parallels your dh's stubbornness without reason: change your baby's 1-yr birthday. use a different calendar, heck, make one up. make it so your baby is 1 year old only *after* she's weaned...
you have lots of specific questions, so please forgive me if i feel compelled to respond to an apparent general difference of philosophy... #1, like the pp said, if you have an emergency, you can't be turned away from an er for lack of insurance or money. #2 there are a great many more luxuries-considered-necessities these days not only with regard to everyday living (car, electricity, cable, tv, telephone, changes of seasonal clothing, food other than the simplest...
how about putting one of those really cute nursing hats on the baby? maybe even one that coordinates with the wedding colors or has a little wedding motif embroidered on it? that way, baby's not under a blanket, no one can see anything about which to be uncomfortable, and you are *both* making a reasonable compromise for the sake of friendship. ?? either way, i think just to say you'll "be covered" is all that needs to be said.
though they're snaps, not velcro, we've had great experience with Bella Bottoms fitteds (terry ones are thick, hemp ones aren't but are quite absorbant; we haven't gotten around to ordering the bamboo ones, but those are next on our list...) HTH!
sodium ascorbate for just about anything & as a preventative aloe vera gel for sunburn relief (can buy bottled or just split open a leaf if you have access to some) fish oil & B-complex supplementation for mood issues calcium supplementation for sleep issues not sure if these count as remedies per say, but these really make a difference in optimizing immune function (and more!): avoiding sugary, starchy foods/bevs & white flours sleep! HTH!
Well, since you asked... Let's see -- if I were the OP -- where I live now there is 100% chance of having a neighboring family with a different opinion regarding pot than my own. I think there was also mention of a 100% chance of having a dealer down the street. If I move, at least the chances go down from 100%. Worth it to me...a house is a house in my book.