or Connect

Posts by user_name

Quote: Originally Posted by frog Move? I don't think that's so absurd -- perhaps not showing it to be as a direct result of this incident, but a sign would pop up in my yard before the year's end if it were my situation, that's for sure.
Aside from the bus/school and pledge situations, it seems to me there is an issue with you and your dp not presenting a united front for your dd. It's a tough, emotional time for your little one, and depending on how opportunistic she is (or vulnerable to insecurity), that your dp would choose the 'discipline path' for something about which you chose the 'compassion path' might come back to haunt all 3 of you in the future. I'd simply have a talk w/ dp (sans your dd's...
IMHO...good genetics supported by good prenatal nutrition/care manifested by good nutrition and a stimulating environment.
fantastic thread!!! (& LOL for brushing out the zoo animals!!) ;D Just another thing to add is something we really like too -- Spiffies! They're xylitol wipes that come in several different flavors. DS likes the grape ones the best and his little sister is learning about taking care of her new teeth objection-free with the apple flavored ones. But I gotta tell you - DS's new battery-powered toothbrush (that spins when he pushes the button) is a big hit (& less...
nak, so i'll try to be concise, but man - *hugs* reading your post, though, i couldn't NOT respond: your DS sounds just like my DS when he eats mango, pineapple, beef, or gluten (and dairy, if you add in frequent, runny, and sometimes blood-tinged BMs). might your son be dealing with some gut or allergy issues?
hope this isn't posted too much after the fact & I didn't really read the other posts... just wanted to let you know i ended up EPing for my first lo & the 'straw that broke the camel's back' so to speak was my husband's desire to have some access to my breasts in a sexual way without worry that he's hurting me -- and without my nipples looking like hamburger meat. yes - and that's exactly how they looked after pumping for 11 months. and as for the pumping itself - I...
I'm so relieved you understand my concern, and good good good that you have a plan for easing up. Though hearing your plan, I wonder if it would be possible for you to take that vacation week sooner rather than later. ? If you consider the risk of a 32/33 wk delivery compared to a 33/34 wk delivery - God forbid either scenario, of course - the earlier the vacation the better, eh? About the sacrificing dignity thing, I guess what I'm trying to say is, is it possible...
Maybe not saying something mean, but does donkey kicking a nurse count? And sadly, I fully intended to kick in her face - missed and landed it smack on her shoulder instead. (She was holding my DD's head in despite my screams for her not to & yelling "This is assault!" about three times to my DH who was a complete deer-in-the-headlights, bless his heart.) I'm hopeful that's not my normal response to stress. I'd say it was more of a Mama Lionness kinda thing...
Please let your WOHM guard down for just a bit, cause if you don't you're more likely to take this the wrong way...and I mean no ill-will whatsoever. **32 weeks? Have you looked into how expensive NICUs are?** Not saying you need to quit, but perhaps sacrificing some dignity (i.e. laying down at work, delegating more, etc.) would be in order? My first was a preemie, so for my second, I drug down my pride kicking and screaming in several instances just because I...
IMO, public health folks say walking is good largely because of statistics. The statistics show walking to be linked with good outcomes and better health largely because accurate randomization and controls are impossible; people who can and do walk are generally healthier and have better outcomes than people who can't or don't walk. You walk at work, that's plenty. Unless one has just regained mobility or something like that, walking is not sufficient for...