or Connect

Posts by user_name

Don't you hate the situation where your gut tells you one thing, yet a doctor your child genuinely needs/has needed tells you another?! Though my preemie DS's heart defect was not severe enough to cause problems with weight gain, he did have (and still has) significant issues with regard to reflux and food allergies/intolerances. These issues might not have existed if he were EBF, and there is no doubt they played a role in his "smallness." This is just something...
Here's our list of middle name ideas... ?? Dov Skye Hope Dot Grace Elle Jo Mae Day Key
Yeah, like the PPs said, it's not really a "standard" kind of thing -- pretty much for those at risk for and/or showing signs of PTL. The results aren't even that definitive: a negative means you probably won't go into labor in the next couple of weeks, while a positive means, well, not much of anything. Plus, it's considered one of the more expensive tests. I found a great quote you can offer if you'd like to decline: Quote: The American College of...
DH and I really like to visit the Name Voyager -- a quick Google search should lead you to it easily. We like it b/c we can randomly skate through a bunch of names and let things just pop out at us -- rather than the usual list scanning. HTH!
Here's some -- hope they help! (sorry 'bout the sloppy formatting.) Ceriani Cernadas, J.M., Carroli, G., Pellegrini, L, et al. The effect of timing of cord clamping on neonatal venous hematocrit values and clinical outcome at term: a randomized, controlled trial. Pediatrics, 2006 117(4). Mercer JS. Current best evidence: a review of the literature on umbilical cord clamping. J Midwifery Womens Health. 2001 Nov-Dec;46(6):402-14. Emhamed MO, van Rheenen P, Brabin...
Do you think she'd be receptive to learning the game, "Red light, Green light?" The pp have great ideas about "Stop" and holding hands, but sometimes little ones just want to play at the scariest times. It's nice to have a last resort for those scary times if they forget the rules & consequences stuff.
Even the newer white fillings do not have the wear resistance of the silver fillings. However, doing a white filling is indeed "technique sensitive." (It's really tough for a dentist to keep children's teeth as dry as they need to for the composite to set properly -- that's what dentist-dh says is the biggest issue with how well the filling will perform.) It's not your fault, mama! Since it seems important to you to avoid the silver fillings, if you decide to go...
From what I've read and heard, most sources seem to say full term is 37 weeks. However, many insurances will cover midwives for deliveries 36 weeks and on. I'm not sure if that means they consider 36 weeks full term or if the risks just drop off enough after that mark. FWIW, my mom seems to think full term isn't until 38 weeks. ?? Sorry this isn't definitive, I think it largely depends on whom you ask --- Here's hoping for a full 40 for you also!
I knew an "Ah-lee-see-ya" in school, and she hated that it was pronounced that way. She constantly had to correct people who thought it was "Ah-lee-sha." My own opinion, though, is that it's rather pretty to pronounce it "ah-lee-see-ya." ?? Good names to choose from BTW!!
I think the gist of studies exploring the vitamin k injection/leukemia link is "we didn't find a causal relationship with our study, but that doesn't mean there isn't one." Personally, we're looking at the numbers regarding the matter as being impossible to rely on anyway. The studies simply haven't been able to work the methodology such that they actually know which babies received what in terms of vitamin k at birth. There are also many other problem variables...