or Connect

Posts by PurpleMonkey

Could someone point me to some research that supports forced separation of twins in Kindergarten NOT being beneficial?  I have a set of 5-year-old fraternal girls who started Kindergarten Monday of this week (it's now Thursday) and it has become immediate there are serious adjustment issues.  I also have a 3-year-old at home and am this week 36 weeks pregnant with boy/girl fraternal twins, so we are expecting imminent birth which will be a HUGE change for them.  My...
hang in there everyone! I want you to know I am praying and rooting for you, and I HEAR you. I pumped exclusively for my twins for 14 months and it was soo hard, but worth it. I believe now at almost 3 years of age they have great immune systems because of all the work I did. It was not only physically hard, but emotionally traumatic and I blamed myself, resulting in PPD The main message I want to relay is please don't blame yourself. I didn't know any better...
my husband has quite an obsession with brushing his own teeth. He's had a history of cavities and brushes his teeth multiple times a day. I have twin 29-month-old twin girls and he FORCES them to brush their teeth, like against their will, where they are screaming and I'm sorry but it's like pure abuse to me. ME I think at/for their age *ONE* time makes me happy (when I am caring for them I just have them do it after dinnertime and they don't resist and are totally...
thanks y'all. What kinds of clothes do you have your little ones in while in cloth? Just a t-shirt? again, I really want to do cloth full-time! I need encouragement/kick-in-the-butt
I really just need to know what you would do if you were me. I WANT to use cloth soo soo badly, but here's the deal: in May of 2009 I bought 20 fuzzibunz for my (then) 17-month-old twin girls. I'd used Charlie's soap and there was an actual chemical burn that happened on my of my girl's labia, freaking me out and making me want to never do cloth again. It took almost 2 months for the scars to go away I gave birth to another girl in Sept. 2009 and have been using...
Congratulations Rachel! Yeah I got nods also when my twin placentas were born, and when my recent girl was born
lime mint tofu over quinoa with side of collards. Recipe from the veganyumyum cookbook
and dessert was a tofu chocolate pie. In a pre-made large (one of those ones that says something like "2 extra servings") graham crust I poured in from the blender: pound firm tofu 1/4 cup hazelnut syrup (I use Starbuck's brand) whole bag melted chocolate chips (I melt in a pyrex measuring cup in the microwave haha) 1/2 cup HOT (microwaved in same cup water once mixture is poured into pie crust let sit overnight in the fridge before cutting to serve. For...
YUMMY soup tonight that my twin toddlers love put in a big pot with 6 cups of water to simmer for and hour and a half: 6 chopped up carrots 2 10-ounces frozen boxes chopped broccoli (or just chop up a bunch of broccoli) 1 cup uncooked barley 2 Tablespoons broth powder (mine is "chicken" style) 2 Tablespoons sliced/chopped garlic 1 teaspoon dried garlic 1 teaspoon onion powder 1 teaspoon salt 2 teaspoons dillweed 1/4 teaspoon cayenne powder turn burner off...
I need you all to know something. In Dec. 2007 I gave birth to twin girls at 34 weeks gestation. With all the will and strength I'd EVER sufficed in my entire life for ANYTHING I tried my best to breastfeed them. I'm a multi-marathon runner and tend to "stay the distance" with most any task in my life. Anyway, they never latched well and it sent me into a very deep depression. I pumped until 14 months for them where they ONLY got breastmilk exclusively. I am very...