or Connect

Posts by tea olive

what a fascinating point. i know that the forum has become more strict to emphasize being gentle, and i can totally understand it being needed to protect the nurturing qualities of the board. maybe it's cos this is personal growth. and we are supporting each other towards the core beliefs of the mothering forum. i also believe that for kind natural family living to prosper beyond those mammas that are raised with gentleness, the real and less pretty issues must...
kelly, i really appreciated hearing your opinion. it is such a balance for me, finding when to step back and when to be aggressive as a mamma. i am starting to really appreciate the kicks in the pants i have received myself, though i have to say i never liked my mom's kicks cos they are sideways and upside down..... it's really tricky cos once i had a baby i had to start to understand i was classified as an adult because of it. it must be difficult playing the role of...
cherie, i want you to be taking care of yourself, because you are mothering this challenge. know that it always won't be like this. i have certainly behaved in ways as immature and badly as your daughter. it sounds like she is having a hard time loving herself and having faith in herself. it is a struggle, and not a easy fix, and hard to live with. she does need special treatment, but she is not more important than anyone else in your family. her different...
oh meg. i'm so sorry. i trust that something better will come.
liane, i was thinking more abt micah. y'all are probably at the age of saying no, and talking. if there is talking, kids meanings are very different from adults - talking is the tool for what they have. no and refusals actually mean more, "I AM ME" and have to be ignored to a certain extent. hopefully with good humor. you just say, oh, okay, to acknowledge you heard them, and proceed with what you are doing. asking their opinion usually just gets me frustration,...
here are my offhand opinions, based on little information with a computer. again, i am really only a somewhat expert on my own family and friends. if you cannot get anything beneficial than just ignore my words. liane, i think this is why people love robeez shoes. sweaters are harder to pull off. last week i actually refused to turn the main heater on except the bedroom space and it was 45 degrees in the house when they got out of bed and they put clothes on, clothes...
i'm not just trying not to think about nursing, i pretty much don't, cos it has been more than 8 years of doing it. and for the past year it is just the little nip to go to bed, aside from sickly times. then ruby asks me during the day (especially to watch a movie?) then i think lots and lots. but nursing isn't meant to be a thinking thing, ykwm? anytime my body really rebels and my limits are completely baffled, i have to listen to that too, cos i am really no fun...
pg brain, julia? i would guess first trimester exhaustion of making placenta. but then, i am notorious for complaining abt not getting notified, cos i forget to check in. reminders used to not have the next message available! fern, your news is exciting.
not think about it. thassa my answer.