or Connect

Posts by Paulab52

Thanks everyone for your replies. Larsey, you've given me a lot to think about. I've been trying to be concious of the things I say to the kids. A lot of what you say makes sense, but in a way I think it's crazy because my kids are under 5. How much of "reasoning" do they understand? I'm just so frustrated at myself right now. Yesterday was a COMPLETE failure. If anyone was to get Worse Mother of the Year award, it would go to me for my behavior yesterday. I...
Thanks for the reply Sugarmama! I don't know why it irks me so much about the toy. I just know he's gonna lose it and then I'll have to deal with all that Keep the ideas coming. I'm really trying so hard here. I get so frustrated with myself, so I know how frustrated the kids must be.
Larsy or anyone, can you help me out.... I feel like I'm always telling my kids what to do. Yes, I know I'm the parent and I know what's best, but I swear, they don't listen to me anyway. Example: Take of your PJ's and get dressed so we can go out. They aren't doing anything, so having to stop isn't a problem. They just sit there and ingore me, or go the opposite direction from the bedroom. I have to ask them several times to come and get dressed. Then we...
I was totally boo-hooing over a commerical the other day. Daughter is on the phone w/mom. Daughter is sad because she can't come home for the holidays. Mom asks if daughter received the presents. Door bell rings and the whole family has come to the daughter's house. I was just boohooing!
Wow, you guys are awsome! Shoshana's mom, you are NOT the most mainstream on here, that would be me...just watch LOL. I had one hospital/epidural birth, one totally unmedicated unattended homebirth (not by choice). Kids sleep in their own beds now, but used to sleep with us. They still climb into bed early am. Nursed 1 for 6 weeks, nursed the other for 16 months when he weaned. We eat a lot of meat, but I am desperatly trying to reduce the amount, and so far...
Hey Larsay, did you used to post under the name Suzan?
Hey Rastamama! Yes, I'm still trying to cut out meat. You'll be glad to hear that yesterday was a meat free day and today was a high veggie/rice dish w/meat for flavoring! I am trying to give up fast food, and I'm doing pretty well. Dh is another matter....even though I read to him FFN, he won't quit. Oh well..
Ok, I read this book over the weekend, and I have to go against the majority here. I already KNEW all this stuff, I've seen it on 20/20 and Primetime Live. Remember a few years back with the Jack in the Box deaths? That's when all these news programs ran the shows. I think I was more appaled by the advertising angels towards children. I had no idea that was going on in the schools. Slaughterhouses are nasty places. Doesn't really matter if it's a local...
What we do is play "Dentist chair". Half of their bodies are laying flat on the toilet, the upper half is in my lap. They tilt their heads back and open up. I brush their teeth for them, then I let them brush. Of course, this works well with Ethan because he is 3.5 and Rhys wants to do whatever Ethan does...so it works for me. Unfortunately, I used to put on knee on each side of Ethan's head and brush his teeth...that was a long time ago.
I have got to get this book. I keep hearing about it, but I dunno, I'm scared to know what I'll find out LOL. As far as the mistreatment of fast food workers, I can vouch for that! That had to be the worst job I have ever held. The things we had to do. Remember that lady who got 1 million dollars for spilling a cup of hot coffee on her hand? Well, when I worked at Burger King, a whole pot of freshly brewed coffee spilled on my whole arm giving me 2nd degree...