or Connect

Posts by afishwithabike

My 4 yr old son has taken to unbuckling his seat while we are driving down the road. I have attempted to explain to him that it is not just MY boundary but also that the state has made it a rule that he and I must BOTH follow. THIS isn't working. Here's what I've done in addition: Make the rides as short as possible (including extra stops so he can get out) NOT doing all the errands on the same day (so he doesn't feel like he's living in the car) He has toys nearby...
I am much like Genifer in this regard. I also like to journal my feelings and prayers. It's so much easier for me to stay focused this way. I try to model my prayers as is done in the Lord's prayer. Starting with praise and then asking and acknowledging his power in my life. Then asking that his will be done in the things I am asking for whether it be for me or others. Praise does become a HUGE part of my prayer life.
Quote: Originally Posted by Liquesce That kind of scar would be pretty low on the throat, right? If so you might like some of the looser looks at Symmetry Fashion ... their angle is going without pins, but if you wanted you could do the same with just pinning at the nape and loosely draping the ends around so that they just cover what you want covered. Not that any Muslim would ever nominate you for tarring and feathering for looking highly...
So if I'm reading everybody appropriately the hijab is more about a type of modest apparel than attached to a culture. This is what I needed to know. Until now when I cover my hair I tied it behind my neck or under my "hair". I've had thyroid surgery and the scar isn't going away. I wanted to check into wearing a hijab so that I could cover, be modest and NOBODY would have to see my surgery scar. I only cover at religious times anyhow.. (meetings at church, times of prayer...
This thread is quite informative. Thank you all ever so much for stopping by and adding information.
Windstars.. Depending on the years released, have wiring harness issues. Freestars (ford's newer version) have been overshadowed by so many other styles that you don't hear much of them. Dodges/Chryslers (as a brand) are notorious for transmission failures as they get older (aka slipping or not shifting into gear over 100K). Chevy/Pontiacs really these are hit and miss some have NO issues and some have ALL the problems in the world. I am not a fan of purchasing imports...
This is a great question. I am of the mindset that priests should be allowed to marry. The bible says that preachers are to be the husband of one wife.. This means that marriage is okay.... In my opinion that is. It's a lot to ask of somebody to deny those innate desires. Do I think the Episcopal's should allow him to teach? I guess it would depend on if he can believe and support the other doctrines of the Episcopal church. If he sees nothing wrong with their belief...
Quote: Originally Posted by Summertime Mommy I wouldn't care if you wore hijab. You would probably have a lot of people saying salam to you, but if you don,t mind that, then I don't see the big deal. That wouldn't bother me in the least. I truly do have a high level of respect for the religion. I know we are not of the same beliefs but I can appreciate anybody who immerses themselves in their religion so whole-heartedly. That is what I am called...
Do you think it's at all disrespectful to wear hijabs since it's not necessarily part of my culture or religion? or do you think it honours and respects the rich heritage of Islamic beliefs? I am of modest tastes and my religious convictions have drawn me to headcovering as well as modest attire.
I am a tiny bit biased to say Knoxville because it's closer to me than FL or KC, but there are reasons too. Cost of living is a little cheaper in Knoxville and as was stated before there's a little more room etc. I also agree with the above about the down home feel and the easier pace of life. It's not quite the mid-west life I'm used to but it's close and that's comforting to me for you.