or Connect

Posts by donutmolly

No easy answers -- but honestly, having 2 so close in age -- I feel like you make some sacrifices to make the whole family work, even if it's not your ideal for the individual.  As long as DS isn't frantic and Dh goes to comfort him and it isn't long, I feel much more comfortable with a 21mo crying before bed than a 4mo.  Check in during the day -- is he well rested?  seeming more clingy and needy?  I feel like that's the best way to tell if something is ok or...
My 3rd was born at 42 weeks (after my 1st were born within days of my EDD, so I didn't think I was a long-gestating gal) -- my care provider is a HB MW, and was very relaxed about induction -- no pressure at all for medical induction, but I, like you, did not feel that labor was at all imminent.  I was going into the local NCB-friendly hospital for monitoring by 41 +4, and even though they were great, I still was very stressed about what might happen if the on call docs...
I haven't had an induced labor, but I want to reassure you about knowing when to call your MWs -- for my first labor I was really worried about calling too early/too late.  My MW had some really good advice: that when I started to get snappish with my Dh, it would be time to call her to come over.  Sure enough, each time I start wanting to tell my Dh to shut up and leave me alone, it's time to call!    And transition... definitely not something I look forward to: it...
I'm on my 4th, and this is the first time I've showed really early (people were guessing before 12 weeks...).  I did show earlier with each of my pregnancies though, and did not end up with a larger fundal measurement or super-enormous belly by the end.  It just sort of seems to even out by the end....  Oh, and DD's 2 and 3 were each almost a pound heavier than the baby before... but belly size seemed pretty much the same. 
I agree, stick with Ana Lucia by itself.  It's lovely!  You can totally call her by both names without needing another middle name. 
I totally have the same "naming rules" as you!  We made a mistake with DD1's name -- it is far too similar to mine, although I still love it  -- and I vowed that my kids would not get mixed up because of shared initials, ending sounds, etc.  Which has been a good decision since they're all girls so far, and I feel like it's easier to lump siblings of one gender together.   Personally, I wouldn't choose Elliott for a girl. It's a boys' name, and I'm not fond of the...
1. The unknown -- how is labor going to feel, how long, when/where is it going to start =  lack of control, I suppose 2.  Complications with the baby (which would currently result in baby being transferred by helicopter to large city, and me being left to fight for a discharge ASAP so that we could go and make decisions for our sick child -- that situation alone makes me very, very scared) 3.  Being poorly treated (or punished) by hospital staff in event of homebirth...
To move the crotch buckle out you flip over the seat, push the metal holder through the slot, thread it back through in the new position, then make sure the metal piece is flat against the plastic of the seat so it doesn't slip through the hole again.    I agree that it's best to check the manual, but it is pretty self-explanatory when you take a look at it!
I'm quite sure that eating normal foods is as accurate as the glucola drink... however, it is easier and more "controlled" to offer the same drink to patients... so I'm sure that is why most OB's use the lab provided drink.  My mw's info sheet on GD testing says: "there are many ways to ingest 50 grams of glucose/sugar.  She doesn't have the breakfast listed (although I know she does use it for the test), but does list these options: 63 Jelly Bellies, 10oz. Welches White...
Hey there, I saw you hadn't gotten any responses so I wanted to comment, even though I don't have much info...  I live nearer to Port Townsend, and we see Dr. Meadows at Port Townsend Family Physicians.  He "accepts" the fact that I don't vax, but is not thrilled about it.  I think most peds/drs. in PT have that attitude -- there are too many patients to lose if you "require" vaxes, but not many are supportive of non-vaxing parents.  I'm reasonably happy with our dr. --...