or Connect

Posts by donutmolly

We won't find out until birth -- but I think Dh and I will both fall over with surprise if it's a boy! We're happy either way though...
Oh, I wouldn't worry about not putting undies on when out and about, even if he doesn't communicate. Bring a couple of changes and a dipe for back-up, and just take him whenever you see a toilet. Really! I mean, when you go to the grocery store, take him when you get there, and after you are finished shopping. Know where all the public toilets are and go! It really helps when you're big and pg, because you usually need to go too! Both my DD's were out of dipes full...
I'd agree with #3 being the wildcard! DD1 -- (48 hours prodromal labor) 6 hours active labor DD2 -- 3 hours labor (from first ctx!) DD3 -- 7 hours (so, my longest labor, helped along with castor oil at 42 weeks!) I sort of expected DD3 to be a super-fast birth, but was surprised by a baby who took her time, both my ealier births were very near their EDD's -- my guess is that she was not ideally positioned at first, but really who knows? I'd prefer another very quick...
OP, sorry that your Dh spilled the beans! My Dh loves to tell everyone that we have our babies at home, and I'm always left to deal with the questions! DD1 was born in our tiny apartment -- and as for telling the neighbors, I wouldn't bother. Our upstairs neighbors never had a clue that we had a baby just below them, and I was not quiet at all! It was the middle of the night, and they were definitely there... we could hear them!
Add me to the no, never list! I refuse paps during pregnancy because of a high rate of false positive results (and my oersonal ow risk factors), nor do I think that cervical checks as you move towards labor are helpful, since it's been clearly demonstrated that women can walk around quite dialated without labor for weeks -- unnecessarily frustrating, not to mention the possibility of infection increases with every check. To put it in perspective, I had one cervical check...
I have an appointment tomorrow! I'm excited to hear the baby's hb again -- although I have been able to feel movement pretty consistently which is such a relief! I like to be able to 'check in' with baby! We're not doing an ultrasound and won't know the gender until birth... I'm tempted, but Dh is not! I'm 17 weeks today, so I've been in th 2nd tri for a few weeks, and I an so amazed at how much better I feel. The only lousy thing is that my back hurts, I'm pretty...
I have been breastfeeding for 5.5 years straight (wow!) After dd3 was born, I got a nursing wear catalog in the mail and thought, 'hey, I should try a top -- if it makes my life easier trying to nurse this new baby while chasing around my other 2, it will be well worth it." Ugh! The idea is good, but in reality it's so much easier to just pull up my shirt -- searching for the opening, then re-arranging the lumps of fabric afterward was just frustrating, not to mention...
Just another mama of 3 (soon to be 4) to reassure you that adding another doesn't seem to be such a big deal... I found being a mama of 1 (very high needs) DD very exhausting and overwhelming, then 2 was a challenge, now that I have 3, I feel like I finally have my groove. I am more organized because I have to be, I don't stress over small stuff because I don't have the time or energy, I can deal better with sleep deprivation because... I have more practice...?! My...
Eh, I love lots of names that Dh does not care for -- naming our kiddos usually results from Dh vetoing lists of names that I come up with. For example, I am in love with Paloma for a girl's name this time -- Dh does not like it, and I'm pretty sure he never will. It sounds like you just need more suggestions, not that Gabriel is the name you've dreamed of naming your son all your life -- my suggestion is to get a good baby name book and go through the whole boy...
Wow! All of these responses seem really early to me! Maybe I'm not remembering right (it's my #4 too...), but I have never felt any movement on the inside until 16 weeks, and certainly no one could feel baby kicking on the outside until 25-30 weeks. All my kiddos have been very active in the womb, and I still have a flat tummy when not preggo...