or Connect

Posts by Queen Gwen

Quote: Originally Posted by zeldamomma Your dd can be an individual girl scout -- they're called "Juliettes" You will have to buy (or borrow) the try-it book, and pay for each of the try-it patches, but you can sell cookies to defray costs. You will need to pay the $10 fee to join the national organization, unless you can't afford it, and then there are scholarships available. In our area you don't have to prove that you can't afford the $10...
We started with Prima Latina and then LC1, and we were alright with it. I mean, it wasn't great, but it got the job done. Then we decided to try Minimus for awhile, and made the startling discovery that Latin could actually be FUN and INTERESTING. Well, oops, because the Memoria Press products suck all the fun right out of the Latin. Yes, you can add it in, but it is hard work, and other curriculums have it (charm and fun) written right into the curriculum, so why...
Quote: Originally Posted by fourgrtkidos Should we start a bach flower thread? michelle I think there's one already going, but I forget which forum. It's got homeopathy in it, also. Of course, starting fresh is always nice ....
I'm so crunchy I no longer read or reply to this thread online -- I communicate with it psychically. That way I save electricity AND don't have to worry about my spelling anymore. How'd anyone find this thread without the search function anyway? Gees, it must've been buried deep.
Math, Latin, music, and some sort of English happen in a way that strikes me as disciplined. The rest -- science, history, other languages, etc. -- happen in a very relaxed fashion.
Quote: Originally Posted by carmel23 Now is this a book you have read through InterLibrary Loan and just must have or you haven't read it and need it? Try interlibrary loan. I know it is a pain to go into the library and fill out the form, but it can save you money. Even photocopying it (which is valid under fair use in the copyright laws--yes the whole thing is protected by fair use as long as you aren't selling it) would be cheaper... and then you can...
From Climbing Parnassus by way of Drew Campbells's Latin Centered Curriculum (the site NoHiddenFees linked), a quote on how Latin trains the mind: R. M. Wenley...illustrated the rigors entailed even in simple translation from an example lent by a former teacher of his, George G. Ramsay. Taking the simple two-word Latin sentence 'Vellem mortuos' ('I would that they were dead'), Ramsay observed that understanding this sentence aright requires fourteen intellectual turns....
Quote: Originally Posted by firefaery capagirl...I do it a bit differently. I tap affirmations. I started out years ago doing the whole dialogue, but found that it was not anywhere near as effective (for me) as doing the affirmation part of it to the exclusion of the rest. Does that make sense? You know, I was uneasy about the entire dialog thing. I wanted to go straight for the affirmation. Yes, it does make sense to...
Hey, y'all. I just got a dance newsletter that mentioned EFT and gave a link to Gary Craig's website. I looked through it a bit, and was really interested to see some bits about EFT for cats. This is what I need! Does anyone use EFT on their animals? How do you come up with a phrase to use? I'm totally okay with the concept of surrogate tapping (I do reiki, so this this isn't a big leap), but I'm sort of perplexed about what phrase to use while tapping. The issue...
Sheesh, don't you wish the search function was working better? I sure do, since I paged back through to Sept. '06, since I know we've discussed this before. And all I found was a discussion about some of the things like the Arrow. I have Writer's Jungle, the old version plus the updated preface. It's very well written, and inspiring. Having said that, I'll admit that I've never read the entire thing: I get the free emails. Those are pretty nice -- reminders to...