or Connect

Posts by fire_in_july

Quote: Originally Posted by alexisyael Now, I am not disapointed in specific women who take their husband's last names because most of the women I know at least thought about it for awhile before doing it. They had family-of-origin issues, or had always hated their last names or whatever. At least they'd put some thought into it. To me the problem is cultural, not specific instances. Does that make sense? Yes, and I agree. My issue is...
Quote: Originally Posted by sarahloughmiller I bought a cheap plastic mattress cover to put on our bed. I left it on for a long time after ds was born, I leaked like crazy, he spit up and would leak out of his diapers, so it was great to not worry about the mattress. Yep - we have one of those on our bed too. Always. Without going into too much TMI, it protects the mattress from our intimate moments as well as from our children! Thing...
I had an MRI a couple years ago in an OPEN MRI machine and still had to be put out. They tried it first with no drugs, despite the fact that I told them that I was ravingly claustrophobic about things going over my head. (even in the open MRI, if they are scanning anything in your head, that thing has to come down within inches of your face and your head has to be in a kind of cage-like thing - O.M.G! I could NOT deal) I started shaking so badly I *screamed* for them...
Quote: Originally Posted by KKmama *I* have been called all sorts of things, and family is the worst. You should see our mail. My evil MIL has taken to referring to me on paper as "Mrs. hisfirstname hislastname", which I half think she does on purpose. When I get mail addressed to "Mrs. XXX" I simply write "no such person at this address" on it and return it unopened to the post office. They will return it to sender. It's true - there *is*...
Quote: Originally Posted by alegna I would assume this is Hep B. Hep B is a disease transmitted through blood- drug use or sexual contact. It also has a nasty track record of side effects. No way I'd give this to my kids. I'd make sure they understood risk factors and trust them to make good decisions. -Angela For sake of discussion, if you KNEW your college age child was planning to sleep around with a lot of people and maybe shoot up...
Quote: Originally Posted by whoMe The only issue I forsee with keeping separate bedrooms the entire time they're growing up is when they get to college. At least at my school, everyone had a roommate freshman year, and you could tell who had shared a room before, and who didn't know how to. I suppose those same sorts of issues might pop up if/when they decide to live with a partner. I agree with this. I think it's very important to share a...
bump.
That was fun! (but frustrating for a minute or 2!)
Has anyone dealt with this issue? My DS is eight, and a rapidly maturing 8 at that. Very tall for his age, beginning to get dark hair on his legs, etc. To put it honestly, it makes me exceedingly uncomfortable lately when he tries to snuggle into my breasts. I am happy to rub his back, snuggle with him in the crook of my arm, hug him with his head on my shoulder, kiss him - everything else, but the burrowing-style snuggles into my breast area just don't feel "okay"...
At that age, I would simply say, "It's called a cigarette and it's very unhealthy, which is why we don't do it." As my kids get older, I try and stress more and more to NEVER start. That people who smoke are ADDICTED and it is a very, very hard thing to stop. Even when people know how bad it is for them. I tell my boys how even when I am not smoking now (yes, I was a chain smoker for years) I think about it ALL THE TIME. That not a DAY goes by when I didn't wish I...