or Connect

Posts by fire_in_july

Quote: Originally Posted by oceanbaby The way I look at it is we are both working during the day - me at home and him in an office. When we are both home, we are both on equal duty. So my answer is no, I don't think it is unreasonable. :
Quote: Originally Posted by reader That is insane. So poor = too stupid to cook? And frankly, it IS cheaper to buy generic boxed mac and cheese than it is to buy free range chicken and organic strawberries. Doesn't matter if you know how to cook them or not. Definitely write a letter! Yeah - I could probably pick up TWO boxes of generic mac n cheese at the discount supermarket here for about 70 cents. I think they run about 35 cents apiece...
Schindler's List The Pianist Titanic (yes, I know, not in the same ballpark as those other two!) The Charlie Brown Christmas Special (I'm serious - I bawl everytime at that poor little tree) I know there's a ton more - I can cry so easily! But that's what immediately comes to mind.
Quote: Originally Posted by GalateaDunkel There is a notion of female inferiority inherent in these practices of religious polygyny: men deserve the care and attention of multiple partners, but women only deserve to share a fraction of a partner. What makes this different from freely-chosen polyamory is that it is supposedly ordained by God - part of the fabric of how things must be. By definition, a girl raised with the belief that she is metaphysically...
It is NOT illegal to live as though you were husband and wife without legally being so. I could marry my DP and four other men as well in a private or religious ceremony if I wanted to, and consider them all my husbands and live with them all as husbands. What I *cannot* legally do is try and LEGALLY marry more than one man - ie, I could marry them all in a private ceremony, but I could not legally marry a second man when I was already married to one. We could all...
Quote: Originally Posted by Unagidon Polygamy (one man with several wives) is illegal. (So is polyandry, which is one woman with several husbands). Just wanted to correct a commen misperception here: Polygamy refers to having more than one spouse (of either sex - can be a man with multiple spouses or a woman with multiple spouses) Polyandry, as you say, is specifically a woman having more than 1 husband Polygyny is specifically a man...
I agree that it's messed up that they even have the option, but here's what I would do when that consent form comes this fall. I *WOULD* return it, but instead of checking off my consent and signing it, I would write in HUGE letters on it: "I do *NOT* give my consent for ANY corporal punishment to be used on my child. Should my lack of consent be ignored at any time, I will be rapidly contacting my attorney AND filing criminal assault charges." Maybe that would...
Quote: Originally Posted by vipassanagal A few more...Any pop out as nice names??? Julian Miller (my maiden name) Julian Mateo Always LOVE mom's maiden name as a middle, whether it sounds "nice" together or not, and as a plus for you, Julian Miller actually DOES sound nice as well! Also love Julian Mateo! Yes, Mateo is 3 syllables, but short to write
Quote: Originally Posted by 2much2luv Even if I was in a poly relationship I would want to know. Yeah - here's the deal. I know a lot of people who are in poly/open relationships. MOST of them are NOT open with the entire rest of the world about these relationships, due to society in general/thier families frowning upon such things. If they were in a really OUT poly/open relationship, all the wife would have to say is, "yes, we have an...
My EDD is Sept 15th, but I'm guessing Sept 28th or Sept 29th. Why? Because that would make her as late as DD (depending on the before/after midnight thing for the date) and I would rather guess late and then be pleasantly surprised!!!!